Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 24, 2024, 12:26:04 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Main  |  Site Discussion  |  Site Posts Fully Run By SMF 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Site Posts Fully Run By SMF  (Read 22153 times)
pftq
Administrator

« on: July 03, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »

I've been meaning to do this for a looong time, but I didn't want to get the job half done and forget what I was working on the next morning. Tongue It took long a several days, but I've finally replaced all instances of Wordpress on the site with SMF.

Nothing against Wordpress, but it's just been a pain to have that and SMF running side-by-side with a very outdated bridge script (holding back the overall development of the site).  Right now, I've managed to still keep the blog-ish features of Wordpress but have them all under the SMF Forum database.  There are no existing plugins to do this as far as I'm aware, so I've had to write all the scripting linking into SMF on my own. Grin

As a user, you should notice little difference, but let me know if you find anything broken.  Affected areas are the News, Blabberbox, and 42 sections (formerly powered by Wordpress).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:07:16 AM by pftq » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Main  |  Site Discussion  |  Site Posts Fully Run By SMF « previous next »
Jump to: