Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 25, 2024, 08:04:02 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  Castle Blood 2.0 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Castle Blood 2.0  (Read 14917 times)
River_God

« on: March 26, 2008, 01:06:01 PM »

This is where I will take questions and suggestions for and about Castle Blood 2.0 for TAD. It will take a while to incorporate it to TAD and the asian civs, so don't expect to see it tomorrow. If you have any ideas, or something you really wanted to see in the last one, now is your chance!

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
musketman8718

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 02:46:13 PM »

any chance I could help work on it to make it go quicker? I got a lot of time on my hands and I wanna see castle blood for TAD =P
ShadowRyder

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »

I have a few suggestions

Keep the original teams the same as they were maybe just for you river_God nerf Aztec  a bit If you want to do that U need to give team 2 explorers. As u may remember in our last amtch u may have liked that.

With the Asian Teams we have to be careful about samuri there 1 pop machines they will cause more havic than the dopps. So in the testing if they prove to cause a problem you might need to mslwo there training time down a bit.

With China they seem fairly balanced. But U might need to remove the diciples until the patch nerfs them. Can u imagine going to the centre and loseing the explorer fight because of diciples.

Indis I can not thing of any prolem yet.

Good luck River_god and Remmeber I would love to help out with the testing.
musketman8718

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 06:37:00 AM »

I would love to help test too
and about my other post-turns out RM scripting is way outta my league for now ='(

and GL to you, river god
River_God

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »

Well, I will definitely do something about the Aztec explorer, not sure what yet, I am thinking less HP so he dies easier.

musketman8718 - can I assume that is your AoE account name?

I will need testers so you guys will be called upon later. My problem atm is figuring out the Asian equivalent to the euro church and native firepit, the advantage of both being faster train time/ higher LOS/ free EXP. I was thinking one of the Asian wonders, like the Japanese one that has one of four options for military units, but still not sure. It was suggested to me to use the Asian temple/saloon place that makes the mercs, but I am hesitant to introduce mercs into this.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
musketman8718

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 01:38:18 PM »

yes that is my AoE account name

and btw maybe you could put a wonder in, like one of em that gives bonuses to inf or temp bonuses, as an equivalent

whenever you run into an obstacle like which building/unit to put in or modify, you can always ask me or post here
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:41:34 PM by musketman8718 » Logged
mikietom

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:38:10 AM »

id happily help u test the game i loved castle blood just wish i had some idea on how to do programming
River_God

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 01:08:42 PM »

Testing will begin soon! If you want to help test, whisper me if you see me. Otherwise I will not go searching.

Current Changes:

-Asian bases made ( Japanese base is weak, nothing to defend it except the units you make)
-Asian civs get euro Church (works for all of them) and the euro Advanced Arsenal
-Indian forward fort is Agra Fort (the back forts are regular, units can still be trained)
-Asian civs get their explorers like in regular game-play
-Chinese disciples removed
-Useless Asian buildings removed

That's it for now.

badtothebone

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »

i would be happy to help test and yes this is my account user name badtothebone    Tongue
ShadowRyder

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 03:01:54 AM »

Is the game up and running yet? or is there still problems with it?
River_God

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 08:35:30 PM »

Map is back on track (or will be by Monday when I get back with all my files Grin ) Give it a week or two after that for the completed map. (time depending on school work, I am in University myself now)

Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  Castle Blood 2.0 « previous next »
Jump to: