Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 24, 2024, 02:30:33 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy Maker - General Comments/Questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Jeopardy Maker - General Comments/Questions  (Read 116669 times)
aprilarellano

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »

Hello, first of all you are a lifesaver and made me look like a hero at work, so THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

In the customizing of the game, I was unable to locate how to play a logo in the intro, and if I do that will it eliminate the other symbols and wording I have customized?

Also, I have incorporated a final jeopardy question, in the question section and completed the answer in the setup section, how do I get this to come up after the board is cleared?

Oh sorry one more thing, I have been unable to get the full screen mode to work, the sound it available but the screen itself is blank.

Again, thank you so much!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 10:19:40 PM »

Not sure what you mean about logo in the intro.  Do you mean adding an intro video? There is a line at the end for adding that if you have your video in flash format.

For final jeopardy, make sure this line is set to true:
// true/false if final jeopardy at end
finaljeo=true

I'm not sure what would cause the fullscreen not to work since it's a Flash Player function.  Are you doing this on projector or multiple monitors?
aprilarellano

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 10:10:53 AM »

Thank you! That helps  Smiley I was just curious on the video. We are going to project it, but we have to wait until it's partially loaded before we can maximize the screen or it throws the formatting off...and when I attempt to use the full screen option on the normal PC all I get is sound.

Sorry one more thing....can we adjust the answer time to 15 seconds?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:16:54 AM by aprilarellano » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »

Try updating adobe flash. Not sure beyond that
Atlib

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2014, 11:09:33 PM »

Hi! Thanks for this amazing tool! Please tell me how to locate the 'settings.ini' file and the 'dir' setting so I can customize the game board. I've looked through all the files downloaded (graphics, questions, sounds, Jeopardy, README and setup) and cannot locate this file (sorry, I'm not a programmer, techie or guru by any means! Cheesy)

Also, once I began to put my category names onto the table, I was unable to run the Jeopardy file in full screen mode because it would come out blank or the word "Jeopardy" would appear only partially to the right side of the board.

Lastly, is there any way to add words to the Jeopardy title inscription? I'd like to name mine "Medication Jeopardy" but haven't been able to figure out a way. 

Please help. Thanks very much!!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2014, 11:26:38 PM »

Sorry it should be setup.ini - try that file. Tongue

Does the fullscreen work for the online demo?
https://www.pftq.com/gallery/FlashDVD.php?pos=-3228

It's an inconsistent issue that only some people seem to be having.

You can adjust the title text on the Gameshow Maker version, which has more features but is a little more complicated as a result (so just heads up):
https://www.pftq.com/gameshowmaker/
jaxisgreat

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2014, 01:33:04 PM »

Hi I downloaded the Jeopardy Game Maker and I followed all the instructions and made the game (placed my own information in the questions folder and txt files), but when i load up Jeopardy.exe, it only shows a black screen after I choose either full screen or windowed. I am on a PC. Please help!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2014, 02:05:12 PM »

Can you try downloading the SWF version and placing the SWF file in the same folder as the exe? Try running the SWF instead and see if that works.  That is the same version as the demo online.

What operating system are you using and what specs?

Thanks
sdowney28

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »

Hi.  Thanks very much for this great game.

I'm having trouble reducing the rows (questions) from the default of 6 to 5.  Regardless of the number or names of the questions files, it always goes to at least 6.  I can add more, but can't get it down to 5.  Any ideas?

Thanks
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2014, 01:09:18 PM »

Check that you don't have any blank lines at the end of the files. It's a
common oversight.
sdowney28

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 05:09:13 AM »

thought i had checked that, but thanks, that was it
aaeellcc

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2014, 02:41:35 AM »

Hi Everyone, I hope to get an aswer soon because Im in a rush. I used to use this tool and I remembr a timer and a points keeper (sorry about my english, I mean like a table to keep the scores) And I can't find it. I don't know if I forgot where it was... Pleas help!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 07:48:33 AM »

Gameshow Maker is the one with a scoreboard you can click and edit during the game, but both have a timer.  Settings can be updated through the setup.ini file (open in notepad or other text editor).
goodcomic

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2014, 11:59:13 AM »

I am using a macbook and not sure how to get to the final jeopardy column..what key do i hit or what do i have to do to do the final jeopardy?..I see how to work the other questions..also how do i change the header to say something else thanks
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2014, 08:01:53 PM »

The final jeopardy will come up automatically after all other questions have been answered.  Header change is a feature in the newer Gameshow Maker if you want to check that out.  I kept the Jeopardy Maker is basic as possible for those who just want to input questions and go.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy Maker - General Comments/Questions « previous next »
Jump to: