Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 23, 2024, 01:31:43 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  SMF Mods and Add-Ons  |  SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print
Author Topic: SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback  (Read 129630 times)
apieandpint

« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2011, 10:31:11 AM »

Sounds great! A mod like this would definately move me above the competition.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2012, 02:54:08 AM »

Finally available for SMF2: SMF Mailing Mod Grin
I expect there will be bugs inevitably, simply from being the first version of the port, so please report any you find.

The SMF2 Mailing List so far should be equivelant to the SMF1 version, with features being and again transforming SMF to a variation of Googlegroups:
- It allows attachments, automatically includes them with your posts and emails them out also.
- If you want to set up a sort of ticketing system, you can allow guests to email in questions and start threads that only they can see and respond to (speaking w/ the forum staff of course, not just themselves).
- You can forward multiple email addresses to the mod and it'll route the posts to the proper boards depending on what you set in the options.
- All settings are now on a separate Mailing List Settings page; small detail but it's nice nonetheless. Grin

The complete changes from the original "Post By Email" mod as before:
      - Complete revamp of the reply extraction process to work with many email clients; tested with Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Comcast, and numerous others.  HTML emails can be accepted and formatting preserved.  Multiple email encodings supported, including quoted-printable, 7-bit, and 64bit.
       - Works with webhooks / mailhooks / HTTP POST data (enabled via options) for servers without email piping.  Tested with mailhooks.com.  Currently looking to test on more providers - if you know any more, please contact me.
       - Allows replies to any post email (announcements and notifications) by the board.  Notifications and announcements are also formatted like an email thread (previous replies quoted beneath).
       - Sending emails with new subjects (or without the re: prefix) creates a new topic to a default board of your choosing (under Features/Options).
       - New topics started by email are automatically announced (emailed) to members who can see that board, just as a real mailing list would do.  If the number of members able to see the board is large, this might cause a lot of server load by announcing to everyone. Then you might want to either pick a different board to start topics (with fewer members able to access) or disable this entirely (again, under Features/Options).
       - For all announcements (posted by email or board), members are automatically subscribed so they receive replies through email and can reply back through email (can be disabled if you only want topics created by email to function as mailing lists).
       - All posts created through email show the original poster as the sender, rather than the board.
       - Posts announced via the forum can also show the poster as the sender (option in Features).
       - Attachments are supported from incoming emails and automatically attached to outgoing emails.
       - New topics via email can be routed to different boards (and therefore membergroups) depending on the address sent (setup in Features/Options).
       - Optional Support Ticket System; those who cannot access the default board can email the forum to start a thread between themselves and those who can access the board, simulating a ticket system (where those w/ access are the staff).  Non-members and guests can also do the same if the board allows for guest posting.

You can download the mod here:  SMF Mailing List
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:03:45 AM by pftq » Logged
apieandpint

« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2012, 02:23:28 PM »

I've installed the mod and have set up the mail hook as my method of delivery.

I can receive posts via email for topics i'mnotified to via the mail hook email address, yet when I reply, nothing is posted to the forum??

www.apieandpint.co.uk/Downthepub/
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2012, 10:26:16 PM »

Hi, what host for the mailhooks? Also a way to check if the script isgetting anything at all (whether it's the host being the issue or not):- Open emailpost.php in /forums/ and edit the $debug=false; line to be$debug=true;- Send a reply email.  Check if a test.txt is created in /forums/If no test.txt is created, then the mailhooks host is not forwarding theemail to the forums.
apieandpint

« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2012, 12:21:29 PM »

I'm using mailhooks.com

I created the hook on there as below

www.apieandpint.co.uk/Downthepub/emailpost.php

which gave me the email hook. I made this the webmaster email address on the forum.

Notifications are received, but don't appear in the forum when I reply. I changed the debug from false to true, tried again and no test.txt file is created
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »

I just tried myself and it looks like the mailhooks server isn't forwardingthe messages.  Are you unable to pipe using your own server? That would bethe best way.
apieandpint

« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2012, 01:16:02 PM »

I've got my site on GoDaddy which doesn't appear to support the piping option.. Sad
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2012, 01:19:40 PM »

Something I found - maybe do-able on your account, maybe not:http://support.godaddy.com/groups/email/forum/topic/email-piping-setup-in-simple-control-panel/
apieandpint

« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »

Emailed godaddy support over this. Piping seems a no go for me. Is there any other alternative to mailhooks?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »

There probably is, but I only know of mailhooks.
soroosh

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2012, 02:20:07 AM »

Hi,
I am new in both php and SMF.
I need the feature of posting to my forum directly via email on SMF.
I download the SMF Mailing List Mod and install it on SMF.
The question is how can I route the emails to this Mod?
What are the existing methods (POP3, hook,...) and what's the process to config it in simple language?
Can you help me to run it with 1.2.3,... guide?
(I have full access to my MDaemon mail server)
Best regards..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:01:56 AM by soroosh » Logged
soroosh

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2012, 06:12:53 AM »

I could find a way to forward an email address with email pipe method to emailpost.php file. But nothing happened and these rows added to test.txt file:

DEBUGGER -> Initiating...2012-02-27, 16:38:06

DEBUGGER -> Loading SSI...

Can you help me to solve that?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »

Hi, what version of SMF and are you trying to start a new thread or reply to existing one?
soroosh

« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2012, 10:53:54 PM »

Hi, what version of SMF and are you trying to start a new thread or reply to existing one?
Hi,
I am using SMF 2.0.2
I couldn't find the setting for replay to existing topic.
Please check the attachment...

* untitled.JPG (80.99 KB, 1102x789 - viewed 119 times.)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2012, 11:31:14 PM »

Hi there is no setting for that because it works with any notificationtopic sent out.These are the same notifications you get when you click Notify for a boardor topic and someone else replies.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  SMF Mods and Add-Ons  |  SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback « previous next »
Jump to: