Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 26, 2024, 01:12:31 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  SMF Mods and Add-Ons  |  SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback  (Read 129638 times)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »

#2 if no test.txt is generated, then the email is not reaching the emailpost file.  If it is, we'll want to see where the debug stops.
Chris_Nelson

« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »

Yup no debug.

I just checked my spam mail and all the emails I had sent got returned.

I will try setting up a different email for the forwarding.
Chris_Nelson

« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2012, 11:38:41 PM »

Okay good-ish news.

I uninstalled, re installed and then set up a new cloudmailin account.   Double checked the permissions and paths for emails and it is working like a charm.

Which is great.   

The downside is that it's bypassing the moderation.

So now you can reply to a topic and it goes straight to the board without being moderated.   Same with starting a new topic.

I am thinking that will be a much harder problem to alleviate...
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2012, 01:18:16 AM »

Good to hear it works.  Sorry about the moderation.  Not sure at this point what it'll take to add the functionality, but I won't have time to explore it this until later during the summer.  I'll keep it on the to-do list for sure though.
OldShatterhand

« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »

Hi,
I updated my old SMF 1.1.16 to SMF 2.0.2 and installed the new version of your mod.
Unfortunately there seem to be serveral errors in the Subs-Post.php when I try to post things on the normal way in the forum.
First it complained about an database error caused through line 1603 of the Subs-Post.php. I looked there and a   ."    was missing in the querry so i added it.
After that I got an error in line 1605 which i couldn't resolve:
"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /var/www/web121722/html/jugend/Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 1605"
OldShatterhand

« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2012, 08:51:43 AM »

hm strange with a completely new setup no error occurs... but as soon as i import the database from the other forum it is there again... seems that the upgrade scripts didn't do there job very well and so there are some conflict with the database when I use your mod...
Question is now: how do I get the database to a form where that error isn't there anymore?

Update:
So normal posting works now. The issue was the Setting for the Maximum amount of Answers which have to be shown (it was set to 0 and now with 2 it works).

Regarding the thing that mailhooks.com seems not to work anymore: is it possible that it is a similar issue to that i had with the 1.1.16 version (see a few sides before in this thread). There responding to announcement notifications worked and responding to normal notifications did not (there also wasn't even a test.txt created, even if mailhooks.com worked normal).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:16:56 AM by OldShatterhand » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2012, 02:39:01 PM »

That is interesting about the new setup.  I will have to explore that more when I get a chance, as I'm not sure why that would occur.

Mailhooks seems to be down as a service.  I've added support for cloudmailin.com which seems to do the same thing and is newer, so probably check that out.
OldShatterhand

« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2012, 05:29:29 AM »

ok I switched to cloudmailin.com,  but it also doesn't work. The test.txt shows now only:

"DEBUGGER -> Initiating...2012-04-14, 14:24:45

DEBUGGER -> Loading SSI..."

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2012, 01:13:18 PM »

Ugh, that's a nasty one.  It's come up before but I thought it was fixed already.  I'm running a clean install on my testbed so it goes all the way through for me.  Do you think you could send me FTP or admin access to your test forum so I could take a look?
Steph

« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2012, 12:18:48 AM »

I have tried to set up this mod and can't get it to work.

I dowloaded the files a couple of days ago so I think I have the latest version. I sent an email to your test board so I have seen that the mod does work. I have verified that email pipe works on our server by sending an email to a test.php file.

The test file has
DEBUGGER -> Initiating...2012-05-02, 04:57:38

DEBUGGER -> Loading SSI...

which looks the same as one of the other recent posts.

Has there been any progress re this?
Thanks.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2012, 12:42:45 AM »

Hi Steph,

Is this with a clean install of SMF2 or an upgrade? With the previous posts, it seems there is an issue running the mod on a board that has been upgraded to SMF2 instead of a clean install.  I haven't had a chance to look into why that might be the case.
Steph

« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2012, 01:24:27 AM »

Thanks for your response. This seems like a really good mod so I'd love to be able to use it. The site has been operating for a few years so was upgraded to SMF2. When I have some spare time I'll try doing a new installation and see if that works.

A few strange things happened while I was testing it. I'll explain what happened in case it is any help to you. I was trying out the mod on a live site because my test version doesn't have a mail server set up. Our forum has about a dozen boards and it is set up to have everyone receive notifications about new posts but they can choose whether to receive follow up replies or not.

I can't use the Webmaster email address to send topics to the forum because that email address receives a lot of "out of office" notices and I don't want them to be created as "new topics" on our forum. I already have the Webmaster email address redirected to another mailbox. I set up a new email account "post@..." to use with the mailing list and set up a redirect to emailpost.php.

I set up the mailing list to direct mail from "post@..." to the "Testing" Discussion Board (which is not the default board that was automatically selected) because this one only has a few subscribers. My expection was that the email would create a new topic and send a notification to the three people who subscribe to the Testing Board. With this setup none of the mail sent to "post@..." came through. After a couple of hours trying different options I removed the mod and deleted the mail redirect.

However at one point while I had the mod installed some posts on another board were sent out as if they were generated by the mailing list script. They were sent from the "Poster" rather than the Forum and attachments had {mailinglist_attached} in front of the link.

Also, one of our boards now has replies being sent to all members who have access to the board, rather than just the people who have clicked the "Notify" button.

Thanks
S.

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2012, 10:05:09 AM »

For the {mailinglist_attached}, that would be a case where the language files for the mod haven't been installed - if you use a different language or if you have your own theme, you have to apply the language strings manually (this goes for all SMF mods).

Under the Mailing List options:
- "Send Emails From Poster Instead of Forum" controls if the poster name is used instead of the board.
- "Auto Announce and Notify for Topics Started by Email" controls if everyone who has access to the board gets newly created topics created from email.

The only reason I can think of for replies being sent to all members after the mod uninstall is if it did not uninstall cleanly - but on my test board (again a fresh install), I can see that all the files are back to how they were before the mod.  To be on the safe side (and if you have no other mods installed), you can download the original Post.php and Post-Subs.php from SMF to replace in your Sources folder.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2012, 03:11:53 PM »

I've finally gotten a chance to test this out on an upgraded SMF2 forum to see if that might cause any difference from a fresh install.  It still worked fine on my end unfortunately.  I ran into a few other bumps though but I'm not sure if they might be related or not.  I've added the below to the FAQ in the first post incase it might help:

I keep getting Mail delivery failed with "Error in argument 1, char 3: option not found <"
- Please unzip the download package before uploading to your server and installing.  Sometimes the unzipping function on the server does not preserve linebreaks properly, if for example you are uploading from Windows to Linux.  If the mod is already installed, unzip the package on your computer and reupload emailpost.php to your forum directory (replacing the corrupt one).
fabteam

« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2013, 04:55:32 AM »

Hi there

I'm planning to use your brilliant mod with IFTTT in order to have our Pocket article directly post as messages, so we could comment them in our SMF forum.

Unfortunately, I could not make it work...
I am running an SMF 2.0.5 updated version.
I have created a cloudmailing.com account where I specified as target mydomain.com/emailpost.php
When I send email from my SMF admin mail to the cloudmail email, nothing happen...

In SMF only these two options are checked:
"Allow HTML Posts via Email"
"Use HTTP POST instead of email piping"

In cloudmail I obtained the following message after email sent:
"The response is not available for this message. This may be because a successful response was found or we no longer have the response stored."

I've been reading this sorum and the thread dedicated to your mod on SMF website but did not found any clue to solve this.

Help would be very appreciated !

Thanks by advance

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  SMF Mods and Add-Ons  |  SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback « previous next »
Jump to: