Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 24, 2024, 06:49:08 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  SMF Mods and Add-Ons  |  SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback  (Read 129636 times)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2011, 02:50:26 PM »

Old topics will not be able to be fixed so it will have to start with new topics.
I think I fixed it for ISO encoding (which gmail sends out).  I will double-check for direct UTF-8 encoding.
OldShatterhand

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2011, 12:51:12 AM »

hm ok.... but it was a new topic (i deleted the old before)...

may it bee possible that you only fixed it for notifications created by emailpost.php and not for the normal on forum posted, which are created by post.php(or was it Post-Subs.php).

When I send mails with thunderbird there is no difference if i send the mails with utf-8 or iso encoding. In both cases the topics are cut down until the word before the special char. I will try it later if it works, when i use gmail.
OldShatterhand

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2011, 07:29:44 AM »

hm ok your right...
I tested it today with 4 different mail providers, two of them display the "Umlaute" right (gmail and "1und1"), the other two do not accept that encoding and replace the "Umlaute" with a X.

Also repling with the web interface of gmail works. But if I use a Email-Programm like Thunderbird (or K9-Mail on Android) it does not work, cause it formatts the subject like I described before and the Mod isn't ablte to "undestand" this formatation and cuts the subject down. I think the type of formatation that Thunderbird is using is the "normal" way which is accepted by all mail providers and mail Programms (as far as i tested it), so it would be great if you could implement that format in the mod.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2011, 06:27:55 PM »

Sorry it took a while.  I had trouble finding a decoding function that was not PHP5 only (just incase we still have some PHP4 users).  It should work now - previously, it only decoded headers with =?ISO...? but now it should also work for =?UTF-8?.

Let me know if you still run into problems.

https://www.pftq.com/smf-mailinglist/

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »

Here's also a short script I wrote to fix any topic subjects that might be misformatted.  It'll fix all subjects that contain '=?', but backup your forum before running it just to be on the safe side.

To run it, just extract the php file to your forum root directory and load it (so forums/subjectFixer.php).  It'll tell you what topics it is processing and what the fixed subject is.

* subjectFixer.zip (0.95 KB - downloaded 34 times.)
OldShatterhand

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2011, 08:13:52 AM »

hi thank you for your great work.
Now the forum reads the subjects of my replies right and it works fine.

unfortunately my main mail provider (t-online) still replaces the "Umlaute" in the subjects with a X. But that is not a mistake of you, it "only" seems to be a mistake in the server config of the provider (maybee I'll contact them later about this), so i will simply use gmail in future for this forum.
But at last I think its a big shame that the two of biggest German freemail providers have that mistake in the server configs, even if "Umlaute" are used very often in their country.

EDIT: ok the problem with the wrong encoding of subjects (replacing with X) seems to be there since 2007... so i think there is no real hope that it would be fixed in near time   Embarrassed
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:43:09 AM by OldShatterhand » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2011, 05:05:25 PM »

That's unfortunate.  If it turns out there's a workaround that can be used in the mod to help the problem, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
OldShatterhand

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2011, 05:39:18 AM »

hi i found a solution for the problem...

you have simply to replace  the $subject var through  '=?UTF-8?B?'.base64_encode($subject).'?='  everytime you call the sendmail function in your mod  and everything works fine, even with my mail provider Smiley. I think for ISO encoding its very similar, but i don't know it.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2011, 02:17:47 PM »

I will test that out to make sure it doesn't conflict with anything else as well.  Thanks for finding this solution. Smiley
webguy

« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2011, 05:43:42 AM »

Hello,
I am installing SMF new and just wanted to confirm if this mod supports SMF2.0 .If not please tell me the correct combination of the SMF versions that I need to get the mailing list and notify group working.
Thanks,
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »

Hi both of those mods are designed for SMF 1.1.x currently.

Sorry
rjscott2005

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »

Hi-
I'm not a complete noob but I definitely don't know anything about setting up email piping (we're on Simple Control Panel using Postfix). I tried various edits to etc/postfix/aliases, master.cf, and main.cf and couldn't get anything to work. Then I tried following along with the very simple instructions you provide to set up using mailhooks.com. I'm not having any luck with that either so I thought I'd ask a question or two here. Using mailhooks.com, I would log in and generate something that looks like this: xyzabc@mailhooks.comhttp://www.mydomain.org/forums/emailpost.php. Okay, that being done, do I put the xyzabc@mailhooks.com into my SMF Webmaster email address, or do I put the gmail address that I used to log into mailhooks.com into my SMF Webmaster email address?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »

Hey, thanks for using the mod.  No problem that you're having trouble; it can be complicated at times.
The email you put is the mailhooks.com one; you want people to be replying back to the mailhooks.com address so it gets sent to the emailpost.php script.

Remember to turn on using HTTP POST under Features and Options.

Let me know if you still have any issues.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:35:31 PM by pftq » Logged
rjscott2005

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »

Hi-
Okay, I set it up as you stated and then made a post in smf. I immediately received an email which had the sentence about replying by email (Reply to This Email or View Original Post: somelink...). I replied via email but the reply hasn't shown up in the smf thread. It's only been about 10 minutes though and I don't know how long it takes.
I also thought I could START a thread on the smf board using an email. If that's correct, so I send it to the mailhooks email address? I have group notify installed also and at this point I'm not exactly sure what I need to do with that beyond picking a board and adding users to it. I apologize if I'm asking too much.
Thanks,
Hey, thanks for using the mod.  No problem that you're having trouble; it can be complicated at times.
The email you put is the mailhooks.com one; you want people to be replying back to the mailhooks.com address so it gets sent to the emailpost.php script.

Remember to turn on using HTTP POST under Features and Options.

Let me know if you still have any issues.
rjscott2005

« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »

When starting a new topic via email, how is the correct board notified? For example, if I email a new topic that's supposed to be for the admin board how does it know not to go to the member board?
Thanks,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  SMF Mods and Add-Ons  |  SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback « previous next »
Jump to: