Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 28, 2024, 07:56:13 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Gameshow Maker - Discussion, Help, and Feedback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Gameshow Maker - Discussion, Help, and Feedback  (Read 116216 times)
Nemo5

« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2011, 03:05:12 AM »

Hi pftq. I am getting ready to put together another safety jeopardy game and I thought I would check in and see if you have made any headway on adding video.Thanks.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2011, 06:53:06 AM »

Hey there, thanks for checking up.  Unfortunately no, just too busy with classes lately.  I'll have to work on it more in the summer.  Sorry about that.
WantMyMTV

« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »

Hello pftq...

Thank you for a great looking and easy-to-configure flash-based gameshow program.

I came across your flash program while browing PowerPoint templates. Your solution is much more attractive and elegant than the PowerPoint templates.

I have already heavily customized the setup.ini file with my own colors, fonts, etc and placed my own media files for intro and main loop. I loved the sound samples that you provided, but I'm attempting to make a "Name That Tune" with a VH1 flavor. (I will use it with a church youth group to illustrate the power of music in a fun and casual way.)

I understand that multimedia based questions are coming when you have time away from school, and also understand that you want to keep your program as configurable as possible.

The "question background" music file is so close to a solution for me. The only problem is that the program points to the same music file when any question is selected, and that is fixed on program startup.

Is there a quick way to adjust the flash programming so that instead of using the single file specified in the .ini, that that section of the .ini file could point to a lookup table constructed with text files following the format of "columnX-questions"? The text files would have the .mp3 locations.
WantMyMTV

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2011, 09:36:11 AM »

Also, if (and when) that's possible, it would be great to have another input (other than the mouse click or space bar) to pause the music and the timer for multiple players/teams.

Team 1 selects question.
Music and timer start.
Team 2 thinks they know it.
Host uses key ("Enter"?) to pause the music and timer.
Team 2 fails, and host presses "Space" for incorrect answer, and updates score.
Host presses "Enter" again to restart music and timer.
Team 3 thinks they know it.
Host uses "Enter" to pause music and timer.
Team 3 gets it right.
Host clicks, updates score and returns to main board.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2011, 10:23:21 AM »

Great suggestions.  I will add those to my to-do list.  Smiley

I am hoping to get to work on this when classes end in a couple weeks.
BraveFart

« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »

Hi there!

I know that there haven't been any posts in a while, but I am hoping that you could answer my question.

I would like to have a video introduction that plays at the same time as the Jeopardy music instead of the floating category names. This video would be silent so that the music could play. Is there a way to do this? Right now I have only been able to get the video to play before the flying category names and all that.

PS - this is kickass!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2012, 07:08:22 PM »

I don't think that's in the program, sorry.

But you can get the same effect by turning off the floating categories (intro length to 0) and putting the music in your video.

Glad you enjoyed the work so far and feel free to ask if you have any other questions. Smiley
Sarah_1

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2012, 05:03:05 AM »

Hi! Your program is great Smiley However, I am having trouble accessing the setup.ini file. I keep receiving an error message "filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect." Could you please suggest a solution. Thanks!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2012, 06:22:26 AM »

Just a sanity check, but did you unzip/extract the file before you tried to open the setup.ini? Also make sure you're opening the .ini file in notepad or some other text editor.
Sarah_1

« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »

Yes I did extract the files and tried to open it in notepad.  Sad However, I have downloaded it onto another PC and it has worked so hopefully it's all good now! Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:22:59 PM by Sarah_1 » Logged
nktvnvn

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2012, 12:34:01 AM »

Hello PFTQ!

First off, thank you very much for creating this immensely useful piece of software and sharing it. I'm an English teacher who uses the program religiously in my classes. It would be great if you could support IPA (phonetic) fonts too, which would make it really useful in English pronunciation classes like mine (I want to create a 'spelling bee'-like game). Thanks and keep up the excellent work!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2012, 07:23:59 AM »

Glad to hear. It should be able to support any font on your system if you keep the question text files as utf. If you go ahead and attach or post a sample of characters, I can attach a sample question file.

digitalnordic

« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »

Is it possible to have an audio question? I have tried <audio src="namethattune.wav"/>
Thanks.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2012, 01:57:56 PM »

There isn't a way to play specific audio tracks during question, sorry.
nktvnvn

« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »

<p dir="ltr">Glad to hear. It should be able to support any font on your system if you keep the question text files as utf. If you go ahead and attach or post a sample of characters, I can attach a sample question file.</p>

Hi pftq,

You can look at sample characters here: http://westonruter.github.com/ipa-chart/keyboard/. I have tried choosing a Unicode font for the question text and changing the encoding of the question text files to UTF-8 but the program still can't show them.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Gameshow Maker - Discussion, Help, and Feedback « previous next »
Jump to: