Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 23, 2024, 11:11:20 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy Maker Blank 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jeopardy Maker Blank  (Read 7823 times)
jsto

« on: May 12, 2011, 07:30:43 PM »

Hey bud, I really love your program. It works great offline, and from my PC, but when I upload it to my server, it doesn't show. It says "movie not loaded" where the swf should be. I use a lot of SWF but I have never had files outside of it that it pulls from. I stick the Jeopardy folder into my root directory, add an html index page with the following code:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480"><param name="autostart" value="true" /><param name="src" value="Jeopardy.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="640" height="480" src="Jeopardy.swf" autostart="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"  allowfullscreen=\"true\" allowscriptaccess=\"always\"></embed></object>

All I get is a blank screen. When I right click, I get "movie not loaded."

This has got to be something simple! Please advise!
Thanks!
Joe
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:58:32 PM »

It looks right to me from what I see.  Do you have the link to the actual page I can take a look?
jsto

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 05:20:43 AM »

view-source:http://brainspew.com/jeopardy/
That page has it written 2 different ways and still "page not loaded" all of the files and subdirectories are in the same directory as the html. I have tried uploading in binary and ascii. Can't think of anything else! thanks for your help.
Joe
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 02:11:02 AM »

The SWF definitely works fine if I download and run in on my computer.  I uploaded the same file to my server and it seemed to work fine, so I'm wondering if it might have to do with the file permissions you have on it.  I'm still looking up what might cause this currently, but it's not related to how the HTML code was set up at least .
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 01:55:49 PM »

Hello, I have a few things I'd like to try if you still haven't gotten the file working.

Attached is a version of the file that only accepts network files.  It won't run on your local computer but see if it runs on the server.

Thanks

* Jeopardy_N.zip (232.03 KB - downloaded 92 times.)
* crossdomain.zip (0.26 KB - downloaded 81 times.)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 01:57:11 PM »

Sorry, didn't finish my reply.

Another approach I'd like to try is uploading the crossdomain.xml to your server root.  Edit the file so that it is your domain though and not mine.  What this file does is allow Flash to operate across subdomains, and it is a file I have on my server so I am wondering if it might be the reason for the SWF working on my server and not yours.

Thanks
jsto

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 02:21:46 PM »

Brother, I so appreciate you! For some reason, I deleted everything, uploaded the swf in binary instead of auto, and it worked. I still don't know how to get it in the correct directory to get it to display on wordpress, but I can at least make it work on an HTML page embedded in that folder.

I would love to have a version that I can just add 100 lines (questions) for each category and have it randomly draw questions from the category instead of only a few static questions. I'd gladly pay 100$ extra if it isn't a ton of trouble. I know how NOT fun old projects can become, so I guess I can always elance something similar.

Either way, I COMPLETELY appreciate your help and that you even took the time to make this in the first place. You're awesome. Who else writes a bunch of free code and then provides free tech support for it afterwards for years! You're a special guy! I hope for good things to happen in your life. Thanks again!
Joe
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy Maker Blank « previous next »
Jump to: