Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 29, 2024, 03:42:59 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Stocks and Investing  |  General Stock and Investing Discussion  |  Stocks Daily Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61 Print
Author Topic: Stocks Daily Discussion  (Read 175022 times)
pftq
Administrator

« on: July 05, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »

Feel free to try your hand at trading without using real money via the system I created here:
www.pftq.com/stock_sys/

Anyone with a pftq.com account can begin trading immediately.

I just started investing a few weeks ago.  If you guys find anything interesting or just want to discuss, feel free to do so here.

Use these tags to place charts:
[ schart]Stock Symbol[/ schart] (no spaces though)

For intraday stock charts:
[ ischart]Stock Symbol[/ ischart]

For an interactive flash chart, use:
[ wschart]Stock Symbol[/ wschart]

Examples:

schart tag
GOOG

ischart tag
GOOG

wschart tag
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:48:15 AM by pftq » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 01:58:52 PM »

So... just figure since you're in stocks now Asee, find anything interesting? How's ATHX going? Tongue
ATHX at 5.20 (when you picked it)
ATHX

Remember ATNP that I showed you last week? Look at the chart today.  I didn't buy in though.. already way too high for me (even though it doubled today to .0074).

ATNP

Right now I'm just focusing on ANX and INTT - both have very high volume today.  INTT not as much but it's not as oversold already so I might buy more into that one later.

ANX at .34:
ANX

INTT at 1.85:
INTT
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:13:38 AM by pftq » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 07:49:03 AM »

These ones are nice.  They bounce up from the 30-day SMA every time and are easy to follow. Obviously, buy in only when it gets close to the SMA line and not at the peaks.

EPM at 4.59
EPM

BSPM at 4.05
BSPM
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:03:59 PM by pftq » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 02:05:37 PM »

This one was in the news today.  It should go up for a bit tomorrow, but I wouldn't stay in too long because it's very high already.
CYCC at 2.40
CYCC
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 01:44:45 PM »

This one is not necessarily a good stock, but it's near the lowest point it's going to get.  Worth watching.  There's also been a lot of volume this morning, and even if it rises just a bit, it's a large percentage gain.
SKGO at .0024
SKGO
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 09:10:14 AM »

PEIX
Went in at $1.40 last Friday (a bit high, I know) and out at $2 this morning.
Edit: Noo! It went up to $2.75; darn I sold way too early. -_-

ANX seems to be climbing up again; there's supposed to be a conference on Wednesday that should boost it up.  I really wanted to get in at $0.30 (it's now headed toward $.50) but I have no settled funds. -_-
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:55:18 PM by pftq » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 10:41:38 AM »

CYCC finished its pullback at $2.50 and is headed up again.  Arg, still no settled funds.  Oh well. <_<
CYCC

NEXM just had news of its drug being effective.  Very high volume right after the news, but I'd wait for the minute-by-minute RSI to get below 70 before buying in.
NEXM at 0.45
NEXM

BBCZ's been climbing steadily today from .30 to .50, with volume climbing slowly as well.  It might run heavily soon.
BBCZ at 0.50
BBCZ

This one also had a run today  but was stuck at $1 upper resistence.  It just broke through a few minutes ago
YRCW at $1.00
YRCW
 My price target would be around $1.20 (easy 20%) - watch to see if it breaks that resistence. Then it could go way higher based on the chart.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:23:12 PM by pftq » Logged
solaris

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 02:30:05 PM »

okay how do you read stocks cuz i am a bit confused
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 03:23:01 PM »

If it goes up, you make money.

See: https://www.pftq.com/pq/42/stock-and-investment-resources.php
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 09:19:58 AM »

BOFL
Banks are really good this week, so there are a lot of other bank stocks if you want to look at them.  Some are too high for me though.  This one is pulling back nicely and is easier to play for me.

JOEZ
There's a lot of people expecting big earnings on this one, so I'm holding until they come out.  I got in around $1.60, a bit late especially since I was watching from $1.5 onwards. <_<
This is pretty much one of the safer picks I've seen in a while, but try to get in below $1.7 if you can.

Did anyone buy EPM or BSPM? Those are up by a good amount since I posted them (scroll up).  Here's another nice longplay one:
EGHT at $1.34
EGHT
It's right on the SMA line right now, very good entry but just watch to make sure it actually bounces.

Btw, Asee, your ATHX is still going down. Tongue
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 12:48:53 PM by pftq » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 08:11:30 AM »

JOEZ has earnings out tomorrow, so be sure to watch it - I'd get in at the $1.6x range if possible.

I'm also watching EGHT right now.  It may or may not rebound.  Watching to see if it starts uptrending before I buy in.
EGHT

DPTR so far has been hugging 30-day SMA line and consistently rises and falls.
DPTR

Don't have this on the chart, but bollinger indicators are also starting to squeeze on EPM - usually means it's going to make some significant rise or drop soon.  Worth watching.
EPM

This one's another nice channeling stock:
SRCH
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:24:50 AM by pftq » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 04:20:01 PM »

News on JOEZ:
Feb 3, 2010 after the bell.

LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - 01/29/10) - Joe's Jeans Inc. (the "Company") (NASDAQ:JOEZ - News) announced today that it plans to hold a conference call on Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time with the Company's Chief Executive Officer, Marc Crossman, and its Chief Financial Officer, Hamish Sandhu, to discuss financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended November 30, 2009.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Joes-J....html?x=0&.v=1

That means we can expect a lot of anticipation up to that date now. Grin  The price was very nice holding at $1.60 today - managed to double my position.  Hope you guys did too. Tongue
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 05:30:58 PM »

JOEZ ran to $1.7 and ended at the day's high this afternoon. Hope you didn't sell off early.  It looks good for a continued run tomorrow.

This is a financially solid stock that I've been watching for a long time:
VTSI
VTSI is supposedly one of the few penny stocks that actually has strong earnings each quarter.  There's usually a sell off following the earnings report and a buildup beforehand.  I was about to buy in at $.06 last week but I had funds tied up in JOEZ; it's was at $.08 yesterday and $.1 today (looks like it's going to run for next earnings report).

Also CYCC seems to be bottoming.
CYCC

ATHX looks like it's about to reverse (bullish candle and crossing of STO).  There's also supposed to be a conference coming on Feb.8 (another event play).
ATHX
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:17:12 PM by pftq » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 06:26:01 PM »

JOEZ Reports 42% Increase Net Sales

JOEZ is also up to $1.95 in after hours.  Been waiting too long for this one. Grin

EPM is also at $5 now.  Bah, don't fund have funds for it; they seem to all go up at the same time.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 07:49:44 AM »

ATHX is up from $2.6 to $3 since a couple days ago.  Asee, I hope you managed to switch some into it... you'd been waiting a long time for that stock.  It seems to be pulling back right now to the $2.8-$2.9 range.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Stocks and Investing  |  General Stock and Investing Discussion  |  Stocks Daily Discussion « previous next »
Jump to: