Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 19, 2024, 03:21:51 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  How to remove the resigned state text 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to remove the resigned state text  (Read 31932 times)
Neuron

« on: May 04, 2013, 05:30:56 AM »

Is it possible to use random map scripting to remove the resigned state text at the end of the game?
For example, when a player resigns, their name is crossed and their score is replaced with an "OUT" text. They also see a text in the middle of the screen saying "You abandon your colony".

Is there any way to remove or make this text disappear using RM scripting in a map?

I'm sure this must be hardcoded in the game..., but maybe there's a way to bypass this with a trigger.

I don't want to change the state of the player (resigned), only what they see when they are resigned (ie, no "You abandon..." text).
Neuron

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:21:11 AM »

Meanwhile, I found out that the end-of-game screen messages (You abandon your colony or Victory is yours) are variables defined in the stringtabley.xml file.

Code:
	<String _locID ='18071' symbol ='cStringGameOverWin'>Victory is yours!</String>
<String _locID ='18072' symbol ='cStringGameOverLoss'>You abandon your colony.</String>

<String _locID ='18169' symbol ='cStringHasResigned'>%s has resigned.</String>
<String _locID ='18170' symbol ='cStringIsDefeated'>%s has been defeated.</String>

So normally the easiest way to remove them or change them is to modify the file.

However, I wonder if there is any other way to accomplish this using triggers, RMS functions or even a victory conditions file. I tried with a scenario test to see if after a player is resigned you can modify anything about what text they see or how much line of sight they get, but it seems to be automatically controlled by the game.

Any other ideas?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 01:45:25 PM »

Think that might be the case.  In my own scripts, I usually have other conditions ending the game and set the player to a state other than resigned - but after they do so already, not sure.
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  How to remove the resigned state text « previous next »
Jump to: