Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 19, 2024, 01:45:27 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  1.1 Released! Comments here! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 1.1 Released! Comments here!  (Read 50665 times)
pftq
Administrator

« on: January 13, 2007, 05:16:40 AM »

Castle Blood

This map is designed for Age of Empires 3 "The Warchiefs" v1.01.  Castle Blood is a long requested map by a number of players in the Age of Empires III community.  Castle Blood is a common map originally found in Age of Empires II.  However, due to obvious differences in the two games, there are a number of changes between this Castle Blood and the old ones, especially as it is unclear as to which Castle Blood this is actually based on (I have never played Castle Blood myself and based this on what others told me).  Also due to the mere concept of all-out war, there is bound to be balance issues between civilizations.  Only aspects of each civilization which were outrageously powerful were removed or changed.  This is more or less simply a response to those who request a "Castle Blood" map for AOE3.

There may or may not be updates to this map.  If suggestions mass and are reasonable, I might update.

In the meantime enjoy!

========================================================

HOW TO PLAY

The primary objective is to wipe out all enemy players or capture the Llama in the middle for seven minutes.

Players each start with a medium-sized base on their island, surrounding the mainland in the middle.  The small outer island holds a sheep; its HP represents the amount of XP the player has.  As the player reaches certain levels of XP, awards are granted, which may help or even allow the player to win.  Resources are unlimited, creating somewhat a Deathmatch like game.

Several notable changes to regular gameplay are:
   - Aztec Warrior Priest Dance disabled
   - Iroquios Travois Dance disabled
   - Oprichniks disabled
   - Spies tech disabled
   - All units faster by 100%
   - Mercantilism and New Years techs disabled
   - Agents disabled
   - All units train 25% faster, artillery trains 10% faster.
   - Walls disabled
   - Docks disabled
   - Saloons disabled
   - Capitol disabled
   - Covered wagons have no HP (no town centers for Portuguese)
   - Starts in Fortress Age
   - Wardrums tech disabled for Sioux (too fast of training).
   - Town Center disabled
   - For techs and units enabled for Natives
   - Livestock Pens disabled
   - Petards disabled

Changes from 1.0:

[1.1]
   - Cleaned up script a bit
   - Explorers granted in beginning of game, but Town Centers not buildable until later.
   - Longbowmen Guard and later techs enabled.
   - Final looping award randomized between Mediocre Bombard, Learicorn, and Fluffy
   - Fort techs and SOME fort units enabled for Natives.
   - 2 pilgrims at 15000 XP award, 5 pilgrims at 25000 XP
   - Livestock Pens disabled
   - Petards disabled
   - XP check that removes sudden 15000 XP gains (when cheat units die)

Castle Blood

Enjoy!
spector17

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »

nice!, can't wait to play it
malakas

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 04:23:05 PM »

wicked Cheesy
Roark

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 01:17:27 AM »

1.1 is almost unplayable... The last rotating bonus stops at 3, so almost every ffa game ends in a stalemate. It just rotates between a randomized 3 fluffies or 3 mediocre bombards or 3 lericorns over and over and over so any lead soon evaporates. Either put it back to the ever-increasing (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc...) final bonus or give some type of game-ending item. I find myself playing mostly 1.0 still because 1.1 ffas are pointless.
malakas

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 07:09:47 AM »

I found a  bug...
I was playing, lost no forts or buildings and suddenly it says you abandon your colony... how come lol I haven't resigned -.-
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 08:38:29 AM »

Who was playing? What starting age? Civ? etc - can you find it on ES stats? (Also did you download it from here, there editted versions unfortunately Sad )

Also the never ending awards - I was getting complaints from testers that that always ended in stalemates. Tongue

How do you get into a stalemate with no explorer tho?
malakas

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 01:03:15 PM »

here

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 02:40:56 PM »

I need to see the upper-right corner too :p Please dont' cut off the screenshot.

So I take it this didn't happen as soon as the game started?
malakas

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 10:16:32 AM »

no it happened after some time
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »

Er.. I only see one guy lost...

And I see he has no units. :-/ That's standard AOE3 Supremacy rules - no units, no life.
malakas

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

in supremacy the fort acts as a drop off point like tc or tower so you stay in Tongue I was surprised that it did not count here since I had only lost my 2 ronins and explorer (btw this can be exploitable)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 02:58:24 PM »

Actually it doesn't. :-/ You have to realize that Castle Blood IS supremacy - that it uses supremacy game rules to run.  You die the same way you would die in supremacy.

You probably just never noticed in supremacy (as you usually have villagers or something).

Exploitable? That doesn't really make sense.  Are you saying someone might kill all the units of another player, thereby exploiting this?
malakas

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 03:42:41 PM »

in early game it takes ages to make army
you win, kill their explorer and then hunt his ronins at the middle of his castle or in the battlefield
you won Tongue
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 03:47:38 PM »

Malakas think about what you're saying for a moment...

In early game, it takes ages to make an army.  Where would THEY get their army?

you win, kill their explorer and then hunt his ronins at the middle of his castle or in the battlefield

You make that sound so easy.... if they are near fort, what makes you think your own units won't get killed in his base?
malakas

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 10:03:16 AM »

you're right I over did it :S delete ^^
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  1.1 Released! Comments here! « previous next »
Jump to: