Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 26, 2024, 04:23:42 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  Castle Blood On TAD 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Castle Blood On TAD  (Read 6807 times)
ShadowRyder

« on: January 24, 2008, 08:20:04 PM »

Ive tried Castle Blood On TAD by transferring ym Custom map files To the Asian Dynasties file. There was one major glitch everything started in the indutrial age and for some reason I started with 40 dog soldiers do u know the cause???
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:07:51 PM »

TAD probably has all the tech ids changed - so the techs that Castle Blood would normally use become wrong and a bunch of random techs are enabled instead.

Hopefully you did not distribute the map to anyone - that would be most unfortunate. Undecided
ShadowRyder

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 12:39:58 AM »

Only too my freind but he doesent play castle Blood Ive put him off it by beating him so much so It wont get distribued.

Will u be updateing it I really miss castle Blood I hate haveing to go on TWC noone goes on there any more.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 07:28:17 PM »

I highly doubt it... again for the same reasons that I no longer play the game and have way too many things coming up.

Is there no one else that designs maps?
ShadowRyder

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 03:24:04 AM »

Im not sure Ile go to a couple of forums.
musketman8718

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »

I love creating scenarios, but I don't know how to create a map script and I really want to make a castle blood map for TAD
also I have tons of free time on my hands
all I need to know is how to get to a program to design map scripts then I can get to work
or maybe I could assist someone who is already working on it
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 06:23:44 PM »

Hi, take a look at this topic:

https://www.pftq.com/forums/index.php?topic=115.15

A pdf of the script is posted there.  Do you understand the code? Much of the coding is not available in any tutorial as far as I know (Monty's tutorial only covers basic triggering), so it would not be realistic to jump from scenario designing to this level of coding for RMS.

Everything is done in Notepad or other basic text editors.  See my Scripting Intro.
musketman8718

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 07:14:50 PM »

don't worry I got it taken care of
linkie
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 11:26:31 AM »

Yes, like I said before, half the script's coding style is not covered in that tutorial. Smiley

You'd pretty much have to look at the script and understand the basics of most of it - relying entirely on a tutorial and trying edit would be hopeless.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 11:28:22 AM by pftq » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  Castle Blood On TAD « previous next »
Jump to: