Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 23, 2024, 05:31:34 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  I need ure permisson PFTQ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I need ure permisson PFTQ  (Read 11632 times)
sandstorm

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 12:33:24 PM »

ooh good, i would prefer you do it than me!
ShadowRyder

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 02:06:17 PM »

Great thanks guys for your support What do you thing PFTQ
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 08:37:59 PM »

Mm... I'm really doubtful. Undecided It's not just editing (which keeps coming up in the replies).  I'm pretty serious about having the rewrite about a quarter of the code (~500 lines) for the new civs + edit/update the rest.  Not to mention much of the triggers are written in XS-Injection (direct trigger code).

Anyways here's a screenshot of the code... Main thing is I want to keep the quality of all Castle Blood/Fort Wars maps on par with previous versions - No downgrades.

https://www.pftq.com/pq/creations/aoe3/code/?x=CB
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:30:51 PM by pftq » Logged
sandstorm

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 07:16:34 AM »

OK i couldn't do it. good luck anyone else who tries.
River_God

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 07:28:26 PM »

did you remove it, all I am getting is blank...

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 08:44:07 PM »

Make sure you're logged in.
River_God

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »

ok, my other comp was just too slow to get it. So far I am understanding what you are doing, it is making some sense. I am not saying I could fix it completely any time soon, but I could start by modifying the euro and native civs, then add the Asian civs later. If I did do this, I would most certainly be coming back here every time I work on it to make sure I understand correctly. So far what I have read is you have saved possibly alot of time by dividing triggers into their own commands, and did a bit of calling out integers and stuff. I havn't looked much at the main but I would be willing to give this a try.

Of course I would never even consider giving this out to anyone, and I would definitely get you to scramble the code before releasing it. Who cared about Capture the Flag, this is gonna be way better.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 07:25:52 PM »

lol slightly a bit off - saves no time at all but rather makes the script much shorter and concise (use only the trigger parts you need); also helps load faster as the computer doesn't have to keep referencing the trigger effect/condition to the appropriate command (you give the command directly).

Not that I wouldn't trust you, but I'm also not always available to help (otherwise I'd go ahead and write the map myself).  Do you think you could get the help of one or two other more experienced scripters as well?
River_God

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 01:34:24 PM »

Well, I am sure I could ask Elpea too, but now I will need a text version of it in order to do anything.

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »

Hmm I don't really recall Elpea being too much of an random map scripter... perhaps you could ask around AOE3H?

I'll send you the text version once we figure out just who is working on it...
River_God

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 01:27:08 PM »

ok, I posted on heaven games, including a link to your forum (if you don't mind)

River_God

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »

If you don't mind I would like to get started on Castle Blood, if I could have a copy of the code. Don't worry I will not release it before it is perfect. I would just like to get started.

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 05:00:54 PM »

Sent it to your email.
River_God

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 10:55:27 AM »

Thanks, I got it.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  I need ure permisson PFTQ « previous next »
Jump to: