Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 23, 2024, 02:05:48 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Army - add/remove unit. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Army - add/remove unit.  (Read 12860 times)
sandstorm

« on: February 02, 2008, 09:45:51 AM »

in your advance trigger set you said.

These effects are not available for Age of Empires III due to a difference in code of the two games. The proper commands probably exist, but due to a lack of interest from the AOE3 community in using them at all in designing, I will not bother to search.

referring to some army triggers including 'Army - add/remove unit.' Anyway i was wondering if you could try and find these commands for AOE3, if you can't then do you have any idea where th kb or tr commands would be that i need?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 10:05:59 AM »

In AOM, ES gave us documents with these commands.  Here in AOE3, we have a lack of that source.

You can however, try using Reyk's editor and viewing the Console.

Here's from Reyk's readme:
Console command overview: Input

helpText(".") or helpText(":")

Additionally, you can use helpText(" ") and list even more commands.  They do not list alot of tr/kb commands though.
sandstorm

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »

thanks very much, i will give it a go? i am not very good with kb commands so if i found some things could you help make the trigger?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 11:52:21 AM »

Yes, I don't mind.  However, I do not have the game, so I won't be able to actually test the code.
sandstorm

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 01:32:16 PM »

ok i have looked into the console command, but what should i actauly look for. Most of the things start with ui, i don't know how i would transfer any of them into a trigger function.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 02:04:10 PM »

Same way as tr/kb.  They're just commands.  UI functions usually cannot be used per player (it is dependent on the "active" player) but there are a number of them that are useful.

the helpText is a search function - you can sort by any thing - so if you're looking for something.. say "tr" functions, you can try searching "tr", though I doubt you'll find many.
sandstorm

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »

i found a list of commands here. I don't think all the tr or kb commands are here. so where else would they be?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 02:25:49 PM »

Have you tried the helpText? If they aren't there either, there's not much else you can do besides digging thru ES's other works (rms, ai, etc) and seeing what commands they use.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 02:29:23 PM by pftq » Logged
sandstorm

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »

Maybe i wil just ask ES, see if anyone has a list.
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Army - add/remove unit. « previous next »
Jump to: