Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 29, 2024, 06:05:41 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  SMF Mods and Add-Ons  |  SMF Notify Group - Discussion and Support 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SMF Notify Group - Discussion and Support  (Read 43010 times)
pftq
Administrator

« on: December 05, 2009, 09:27:27 PM »

Discuss the SMF Notify Group script for SMF Forums here.  The script is fairly straightforward, so if you need help using it, just ask.

I use it myself as well, so I'd definitely want to know if there's anything that needs improving.  Cheesy
sully

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 01:38:37 PM »

Hi,  I just installed the SMF Notify Group Script.  I can see the "notify group" tab added to a message, but I don't see it on the board or child-board.  Should it appear in those locations too, or do I need to modify the themes by hand?
sully

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »

Another question.  If I a new person joins the group, do I have to "notify group" again?  Great MOD btw.  I just set up a rather small board for my employees and customer jobs, so I need to notify them when someone posts something new - since there's a good chance that they won't be checking the board regularly.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »

Unfortunately yes.  The way the mod works is that is that it uses what SMF already has in place - namely the existing subscribe/notify feature for individual users - so the actual "groups" do not get subscribed, just the users in the group at the time.

For custom themes, you'd need to modify by hand, yes.  The reason you might see them in the topics already is because your current theme does not make changes to that file, so it uses the default one from SMF, which the mod changes.
gtavo

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 11:12:15 AM »

Hi, I have just registered  and I want to say that this mod made my little forum work again, we are a small music band and people are too lazy to connect even once for a week to see the news, so thank you very much for your work, I love it!!

Today, I´ve moved to SMF 2.0, I really don´t know why, I just read a few reviews and I decided to move, I didn´t think about your mod, and now I see that is only for SMF 1.x .....
Is there any way to use it in smf 2.0 too??

Thanks in advance
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 03:26:25 AM »

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm considering updating it for SMF2, but I probably won't be able to work on that until I upgrade my forums to SMF2 as well, which would be towards the summer when I have more time.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »

I think this will be one of the more useful updates in a long while.  Notify Group 1.4 now lets you subscribe entire groups to a board or topic - that is, the group itself is subscribed rather than the members.  This will be useful for forums where membergroups tend to shift around a lot or, for example, if you want a board specifically for staff members who must receive the emails.

As with before, the mod integrates beautifully with the Mailing List mod if you want to also convert your board into a full listserv/mailing list.  It's even more useful now because with a 'group' subscribed to a board instead of a list of members, you can have topics posted in the forums and emailed out automatically without the use of "Announce Topic".

Any questions or requests, let me know.

-pftq
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  SMF Mods and Add-Ons  |  SMF Notify Group - Discussion and Support « previous next »
Jump to: