Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 28, 2024, 02:55:46 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Fort Wars  |  Does FW work in AOE3 Regular? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does FW work in AOE3 Regular?  (Read 3935 times)
pftq
Administrator

« on: November 12, 2007, 06:56:58 PM »

The ladder shows little to no games of FW in AOE3 TWC, but what about the regular game without the expansion? There is a large number of games (it doesn't appear to have changed from before).

Does the map work there? If not, what are people playing?
andydoggy86

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 07:45:44 PM »

Yes. Yes it does. The higher players haven't moved, except a certain duc depuce who is now #4, but it seems buisness as usual. New players are learning, mid/high players are owning, ignorant players are ignoring the rules, there is multiple "higher" fortwars versions, kirbyxxxx's clan is being... well... them. The patch must not have been given to the non-expansion. 
ducdepuce2

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:06:01 PM »

Yes, yes it does. Everyone has left though, I'm trying to train more people to play but some people just refuse to learn. The others though I think are pretty good, and I just met sombody who kicked my butt.  Sad
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 08:35:40 AM »

Any changes from its original release? (balance/instabilities)?

Trying to pinpoint what distinguishes the 3.2 version from the 2.3 one.
ducdepuce2

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 10:08:30 AM »

Nothing has happened so far... I havnt out of synced yet and i've been playing for a couple of days. I am not an expert in programming or anything so I'm not sure. But everything seems the same as it used to be before the patch. Everything costs the same and you can still get upgrades and units. I havn't played with anyone but the Dutch so I can't give you any info on the other empires. Sorry if I couldnt help much but I tried.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 01:04:11 PM »

No that's good enough to know.  In the expansion - supposedly the spawn is disabled.  Was wondering if anything as extreme happened here.  It's good that it didn't then.

I guess I'll go ahead and add the 2.3 map back onto the site.
ducdepuce2

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 03:22:50 PM »

YAY! Maybe more people will play again now that it's known to still work. Btw I do have a question, how did the patch destroy the expansion version?
mikietom

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 12:34:34 AM »

i dunno but it really pissed me off i miss my fortwars
DylanLynn

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 04:37:52 AM »

i used 2 be kirbyx100000 best friend after i read this. it is a shame he copies fort wars and made MANNY changes
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Fort Wars  |  Does FW work in AOE3 Regular? « previous next »
Jump to: