Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 25, 2024, 05:23:05 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  XS - Unit create ID? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: XS - Unit create ID?  (Read 5189 times)
sandstorm

« on: February 21, 2008, 02:42:28 PM »

In you advance trigger set the 'XS - unit create near unit' only included a protounit feild to select from. Which means you cannot change the unit being created with QV's, So i was wondering if you could create one that accepts unit type ID.

If not then I was wondering if you could explain what to fill in with
kbUnitQuerySetUnitType()
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 06:26:20 PM »

I am pretty sure I  made it possible to use QVs...  I wanted to keep everything as flexible as possible so I doubt I would have set limits like that...

I'll double check. Smiley
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 06:34:12 PM »

Ah that's surprising.. I really didn't make one with proto ids.

Okay.. in the typetest file (for the mod) if you don't mind modding the current one.. otherwise just copy paste and make another effect (new name):

You would edit this command:
trUnitCreate("%ProtoName%", "%ScenName%", trQuestVarGet("oiwghogwhywhlocx"),xsVectorGetY(kbUnitGetPosition(1*%Object%)),trQuestVarGet("oiwghogwhywhlocz"), %Heading%, %PlayerID%);

Instead of "%ProtoName%", you would want to put:

""+kbGetProtoUnitName(kbGetUnitBaseTypeID(%ProtoName%))

and of course change the field type of ProtoName to String - not long/float (#) because you want to put text like QV commands as well. Smiley
sandstorm

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 06:47:43 AM »

Thanks, I'll let you know if it works.
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  XS - Unit create ID? « previous next »
Jump to: