Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 24, 2024, 10:54:53 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  Scripting Questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Scripting Questions  (Read 17854 times)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »

What is civIndians?
River_God

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 03:41:55 PM »

that was made earlier next to your other civ variables, it's 20 I think.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 03:54:03 PM »

can you copy that section? Also - Indians is a rather generic name don't you think? Which indian civ specifically?
River_God

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 08:09:56 AM »

no, Indian is not generic at all, in fact the generic term is insulting. India is a new civ in The Asian Dynasties.

/*RG*/
int civSpanish = 1; int civBritish = 2; int civFrench = 3; int civPortuguese = 4; int civDutch = 5; int civRussian = 6; int civGerman = 7; int civOttoman = 8; int civAztec=17; int civSioux=16; int civIroquois=15; int civJapanese=19; int civChinese=20; int civIndians=21;

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 09:46:59 AM »

k I see - confusion between the TWC Indians and TAD ones.

The fort placement looks okay.  Did you change anything else?
River_God

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 11:47:04 AM »

I changed a few things, mostly adding what was needed for the asian bases. If you want I could copy every line I made or modified, or I could just send you the new file all together, it would be easy to find the lines I changed.

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 12:19:03 PM »

Copy would be fine... generally though, try to test with the text editor still open so you can just undo until the map works again (easy way to find errors).
River_God

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 12:31:59 PM »

If you insist. Here are the lines I added (these plus the line shown above):

/*RG*/
if(TheName=="ypAgraFort"){return ("Agra Fort");} if(TheName=="ypStableJapanese"){return ("Stable");} if(TheName=="ypBarracksJapanese"){return ("Barracks");} if(TheName=="ypCastleJapanese"){return ("Castle");} if(TheName=="ypWarAcademy"){return ("War Academy");} if(TheName=="ypCastle"){return ("Castle");} if(TheName=="ypCastleIndians"){return ("Castle"); if(TheName=="ypCaravanserai"){return ("Caravanserai");} if(TheName=="ypBarracksIndian"){return ("Barracks");}
-->This is from the realName function

/*RG*/   addXS("trForbidProtounit(p, \"YPDockAsian\");");
/*RG*/   addXS("trForbidProtounit(p, \"ypMonastery\");");

/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civJapanese) varx1="ypMonkJapanese";
/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civChinese) varx1="ypMonkChinese";
/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civIndians) varx1="ypMonkIndian";
   placeunit(i, spawn, varx1, rmXFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocXFraction(i)), rmZFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocZFraction(i)));
/*RG   if(varx1=="ypMonkJapanese") placeunit(i, spawn, varx1, rmXFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocXFraction(i)), rmZFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocZFraction(i)));
   if(varx1=="ypMonkIndian") placeunit(i, spawn, varx1, rmXFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocXFraction(i)), rmZFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocZFraction(i)));
   if(varx1=="ypMonkChinese") placeunit(i, spawn, "ypMonkDisciple", rmXFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocXFraction(i)), rmZFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocZFraction(i)));
   */
-->This was added with the explorer placement trigger in the player bases

var3 = rmCreateObjectDef("FortI"+i);
/*RG*/   varx1="FortFrontier";
   rmAddObjectDefToClass(var3, clForts);
   rmAddObjectDefItem(var3,"HotAirBalloon",1,0.0);
   rmPlaceObjectDefAtAreaLoc(var3,i,rmAreaID("PlayerBridge"+i+"_1"),1);
/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civIndians) varx1="ypAgraFort";
/*_RG*/   changeunit(""+var3, varx1);

/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civJapanese) varx1="ypStableJapanese";

/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civJapanese) varx1="ypBarracksJapanese";

/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civJapanese) varx1="ypBarracksJapanese";
/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civChinese) varx1="ypWarAcademy";
/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civIndians) varx1="ypBarracksIndian";

/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civIndians) varx1="ypCaravanserai";
/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civChinese) varx1="ypWarAcademy";

/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civJapanese) varx1="ypCastleJapanese";
/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civIndians) varx1="ypCastleIndians";
/*RG*/   if(rmGetPlayerCiv(i)==civChinese) varx1="ypCastle";

This I only modified:
/*_RG*/   addXS("if(getCiv(p)=="+civAztec+"||getCiv(p)=="+civSioux+"||getCiv(p)=="+civIroquois+"||getCiv(p)=="+civJapanese+") {");

I have a feeling it would be better if you saw the whole thing, if you hadn't noticed, I added /*RG*/ before every line I made so it would be easy to search through what I changed.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 12:33:49 PM by River_God » Logged

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »

Can't see anything wrong with the syntax; did you try commenting each part out to see when it starts loading again?
River_God

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 06:10:16 PM »

I had started, if you can see the middle part (with the explorer doubles) that was, I thought that one would be the trouble but I will comment each one out and if there is still something wrong I will have to start over!

River_God

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 10:55:37 AM »

OK, I restarted from scratch, there were a few mistakes I fixed and it works now! I think it's ready for testing, should I send it to you to get it scrambled or just test with trusted people and get them to delete after?

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 05:49:34 PM »

Send it to me to scramble - also send me the list of variables as well.

Format should be one variable per line that you have declared:
Example:

civJapanese
civIndians
civChinese
River_God

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 07:45:07 PM »

unbalanced advantages is an understatement! Indians don't have a front fort, all asians can build consulates, Japanese can build Shrines, and all asians can build Wonders, which is the biggest problem, because even Gandalf hasn't found a way to get rid of them!

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »

Just use a trigger to destroy any Wonders.  Use the kB query effects; I believe I should have already coded them into the map.
River_God

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 12:32:31 PM »

Even if I destroy the Wonders, the age effect may last. The question is, will the buildings be destroyed while they are being built, or after completion?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  Scripting Questions « previous next »
Jump to: