Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 29, 2024, 04:19:59 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  SMF Mods and Add-Ons  |  SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback  (Read 129524 times)
dgsmith80

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 06:40:34 PM »

Yup I have modified:

Modifications.english_british-utf8.php
Modifications.english-utf8.php
modifcations.englosh.php
Post.english_british-utf8.php
Post.english-utf8.php
Post.english.php

All 6 files have been modified and I have checked permissions, but still that part is blank.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 08:17:33 AM »

In your Settings.php (root folder), what does it say on this line:
Code:
########## Forum Info ##########
$language =
dgsmith80

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2011, 12:15:50 PM »

Hiya, The setting was english-utf8 so I went into the server and changed it to English and that seems to have fixed the issue ;-)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »

Great to hear - thanks for the update. Smiley
takabanana

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »

Any progress on making this work under SMF 2.0.x?

I'm personally requiring a forum that has a combination of Calendar, Facebook Connect, and Email posting/replying capabilities... and it seems I need SMF, this Mod, and the SA FBConnect Mod (which seems mainly being updated/developed for SMF 2.0)

Thanks!

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 10:27:52 AM »

Hi thanks for the interest.

The earliest I would be able to look into this would be towards the summer.  I myself am still using 1.x and am not sure how much SMF has changed between the two versions so we'll see. Smiley
AngelinaBelle

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »

I have not yet tried this mod out. I'm a 2.0 user, unfortunately.

I would like to try it out, but I am pretty sure some DB stuff would have to be changed, so I'd have to start with a new SMF 1.1.13 forum to try this out.

What would it take to enable a user to create an unlimited # of new topics on a given board via email?
This would essentially enable email blogging, wouldn't it? It would be very useful for certain types of communities where members can't use HTTP for certain periods of time but can use various text-only email "tunnels" via very low-bandwidth connection -- via HF radio, for example.  Standard compression algorithms would allow a satisfactory post length from practically anywhere on earth.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 12:25:34 PM »

Yes, you would have to use SMF1.1.13 (I have not used 2.0 but from my understanding, it differs quite a bit from a coding standpoint).

If I understand your question correctly, the mod already allows users to create new topics via email.  You select a board that topics get created by default (because you can't really specify that via email).  The mod is also able to handle forwarded emails (FW: prefix) and tell when you're starting a new topic that has the same subject as an older one.
AngelinaBelle

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2011, 12:50:55 PM »

the mod already allows users to create new topics via email.  You select a board that topics get created by default
This sounds quite good. I wish it were scheduled for June delivery. I'd love to have it.
OldShatterhand

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2011, 04:43:48 AM »

Hi,

is it possible in any way to enable the  auto notification options of this mod only for a specific user group?( "Auto Notifications for Topics Announced via Forum" and "Announce and Enable Notifications for Topics Started by Email").
I want this, because i want to make a forum where a part of the users will use only the forum (no notifications, because they don't like mails) and the other part will use the forum as mailing list.
I tried to do this over the normal Forum notifications for new Threads and new Posts but then all my replies over email are not accepted by the forum (nothing happens).
If it is only a configuration mistake: is it possible that the reason for this is, that i'm using mailhooks instead of mail piping (not possible at my hoster 000webhost.com)?

Sorry for my bad english (i'm German), i hope you understand my problem.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2011, 07:02:18 AM »

That is a good suggestion.  I will look into splitting the auto-notifcations setting to work per group.  In the meantime, you can also let members know to disable notifications in their profile setting if they want.

I am not sure what you are describing with:
"I tried to do this over the normal Forum notifications for new Threads and new Posts but then all my replies over email are not accepted by the forum (nothing happens)."

Can you reword that?

Thanks
OldShatterhand

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2011, 07:49:38 AM »

Thank you for the fast response.

I tried to describe the following:
The "normal" notifications have an other "layout" than the notifications createt from the auto notifications. The normal start with something like "New Thread"(in German^^) in the headline and the mailinglist notifications have only the Name of the Thread in the headline.
If I reply to a "normal" notification, there happens nothing, no new post, no new thread. If I reply to an auto notification of your mod everything is going fine.
So in the end I am only able to use your mod if I switch on the auto notification options of the mod.

At the moment I'm only testing my forum with multiple own accounts (in the past i alway used phpBB as Forum Software) and so there are no users, but to disable notifications in profile doesn't affect the mails of the autonotification of your mod. Otherwise I would do this.

Edit:
Now I tried the mailhook thing simply with a new mailhook, and posting suddenly worked for one new Thread (per account) and then again it didn't work any more... very strange
Also I noticed one other thing Smiley: If I post a new thread through mail and the auto notifications are turned off I don't receive any notification, although I have enabled to get notifications about everything in the profile settings.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:22:01 AM by OldShatterhand » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »

That is strange - the normal notifications should have the same layout.  The choice of mailhooks should not matter as the subject heading is modified in the forum before being sent out.

I have to ask, but do you have other mods installed? In particular, those that might edit Post or Subs-Post.php as well.  If not, could you try a reinstall of the mod?
OldShatterhand

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »

hm yes i have one other mod installed. The Board Notification Mod (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1861) and this mod changes the both files... that would explain the different layout (and maybe also the reason, why i can not reply to "normal" notifications.
I only installed the mod to make a "workaround" to not apply all auto notification settings and to let the users byself decide if they want notifications or not. Without this mod this works only partly, because when a new thread is posted, the standart notification does not notify about new replies until you subscribe the thread manualy.
I'll try it without this mod tomorrow...(its 1:32 AM at my location).

I have also one question to the changes made in Modifications.english.php by your mod. What do this lines?:
Code:
// pftq / Mailing List: Unsubscribe Option
$txt['mailingList_prefUpdated'] = 'Preferences updated for: ';
$txt['mailingList_emailNotExist'] = 'Sorry, that email does not exist.';
$txt['mailingList_enterEmail'] = 'Enter the email you wish to update preferences for.';
$txt['mailingList_setOff'] = 'Disable Email Announcements';
$txt['mailingList_setOn'] = 'Enable Email Announcements';

I can not find any of that Options in "Features and Options" or somewhere else.
OldShatterhand

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2011, 05:32:32 AM »

hi,
I did some further testing today and the following is the result:
Removing the other Mod did'nt bring any change.
I'm still having two types of notifications (some examples are attached on the end).
To the "normal" I cant reply over mail but with the notifications from the mod everything is fine.
I receive only mod-nodifications from replys to new threads and not for the new threads (first post).
When I create a Thread over Forum I have to create is as announcement, otherwise I receive the normal,useless notifications, and to create an announcement is only possible for Admins/Mods.

Maybe you could explain to me, how you mod decides which replies are valid to post and which are not valid? Then I could look how to modify the normal notifications to be able to reply to them too.

Source-Code of a Normal Notification Mail (new Thread, half German):
http://pastebin.com/AWKiz4J7

Source-Code of a Mod-Notification Mail (new Thread, half German):
http://pastebin.com/ZX9cZ5BV

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  SMF Mods and Add-Ons  |  SMF Mailing List - Discussion and Feedback « previous next »
Jump to: