Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 29, 2024, 08:28:38 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  FlashShow - Discussion and Feedback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FlashShow - Discussion and Feedback  (Read 8470 times)
pftq
Administrator

« on: November 29, 2008, 10:30:55 PM »

Discussion topic for FlashShow.

More than anything, this is a tool designed for my personal use.  I only release for the sheer possibility someone might also find it useful.  FlashShow is designed to create a slideshow out of Flash video files.  In a way, it is similar to Powerpoint - for function.  Think of it as being able to create videos and use them as a Powerpoint slideshow.  Better yet, it is being able to use a video editing program, such as After Effects, to make your Powerpoint presentation.  That is the sole purpose of FlashShow.

The limitation here comes in only being able to use the Flash format (either F4V or FLV at the time of this release).  The maximum resolution supported is 800x600, after that it just scales down and you won't get any real quality improvement.  However, Flash video has steadily been increasing in quality (with the support of High Definition codecs in F4V).

I don't really plan on major updates to this program (serves its purpose and fairly small interest I think Tongue ), but I'm willing to help if anyone has problems using it.
doogwa

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »

Greetings,

I love your program Gameshow Maker.  I have 3 home schooled children, and this has been a blast for them.  My oldest is now cutting his teeth on scripting.  Your program is a great introduction to that.  The other day he asked why he could not get it to "go 16:9 or wide screen".  Are you aware of any developments from Adobe that would allow for a wide screen format?

thanks again for sharing
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad the program is working well for you.

The widescreen functionality would be something I have to add to the coding of it.  If you are playing around with ActionScript 3, this will be the canvas size that you want to modify.  As for the program  itself, it's generally used in classrooms with a 4:3 ratio projector; for 16:9 videos, it would scale them down to fit in the 4:3 window.  The easiest way would be to just make another version of the program that has the canvas set in a 16:9 ratio - I can upload that quickly if you want.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:28:05 PM by pftq » Logged
doogwa

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »

Thanks for the update.  They would be interesting to see the wide screen version.  I'll be looking for it.  I myself am very new to flash.  My oldest (14) is just now getting very interested into flash.  He now has a copy of Flash with the action script 3.  He seems to learn a lot by looking at code to see how things are constructed, and builds on that knowledge for other things.  Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »

Sorry for the late response.  Attached is a 16:9 version of the program.

* FlashShow_Wide.zip (2554.85 KB - downloaded 512 times.)
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  FlashShow - Discussion and Feedback « previous next »
Jump to: