Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 25, 2024, 02:29:59 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Capture the Flag 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Capture the Flag  (Read 38423 times)
River_God

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2007, 02:02:34 PM »

ok but that one line is still failing my map, what could be wrong with it, I checked and the line in my code is exact to the letter the line above:

rmSetTriggerEffectParam("Location", rmXFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocXFraction(playa)),1, rmZFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocZFraction(playa)));

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
Shadox

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2007, 05:31:36 PM »

why not just make a scenario version of it?, you just need to well um i don't know the details because aiguy did it for me... but it's like going to scenario editor while putting your xs file where the original maps are, then you go to new and select type, then find your map, the scenario editor will come up with that map and all the triggers it has... it can be easier from there
River_God

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »

because then it won't be any good. Scenarios have to haev a specific number of players with a specific placement of object, buildings etc. I want any varying number of players and teams to be able to use my map. In other words I don't want a secnario, I want a custom map. pftq has been kind enough to help me with my goal, and for that I will be forever grateful.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 06:44:40 PM »

You forgot the quotes for ,1,

It should be
rmX...+',1,'+rmZ...

Remember that anything using SetParam (no Int or Float or anything) uses String (quotes).
River_God

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2007, 07:52:07 AM »

then wouldn't the rmXFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocXFraction(playa)) have to be a string too? and for the quotes does it make a difference to make the " as opposed to the ' or are they the same?

(and sorry for all the seemingly stupid questions but they make all the difference to me )

Shadox

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »

ok sorry was just asking...
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2007, 10:13:55 AM »

then wouldn't the rmXFractionToMeters(rmPlayerLocXFraction(playa)) have to be a string too? and for the quotes does it make a difference to make the " as opposed to the ' or are they the same?

(and sorry for all the seemingly stupid questions but they make all the difference to me )

When you do integer+string, it converts the whole thing to string.

So:

1+"2" = "12"
1+2 = 3

For integers + floats, it takes the type of the first number.

1.2*3 = 3.6
3*1.2 = 3
River_God

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2007, 07:57:18 PM »

IT WORKS !! thanks. I even got a counter in there, and a flare so I know that it is actually doing something every 3 mins, but no units are popping up anywhere.

I even found a good pic for the display image, in case you were wondering, what bothered me about most other custom maps is people don't bother with display pics.

* TestMapXS.txt (4.4 KB - downloaded 60 times.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 08:00:18 PM by River_God » Logged

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2007, 03:28:44 AM »

Well then again - not everyone actually "designs" their map. Tongue
River_God

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2007, 02:47:26 PM »

Ok there is something wrong with the for loop, it is not in the right place to get all players to spawn the same units at the same time. How can I make it so that it loops through all the players and actually spawns the units for each one, and I know it works becuase the last one (player 4 or 8 depending on how I tested it) gets a unit.

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2007, 05:08:43 PM »

You forgot to include the Unit Create in the loop.  So technically, you're just reprogramming the same effect over and over again.

Btw, Unit Create effects do not work online - use Army Deploy.
River_God

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2007, 06:01:29 PM »

ok for the army deploy, how do I decide who's it is? The type test file only sais some things but not PlayerID

<Effect name="Army Deploy">
   <Param name="SrcArmy" dispName="$$22348$$Army" VarType="group">default</Param>
   <Param name="ProtoName" dispName="$$22434$$ProtoName" varType="protounit">Villager</Param>
   <Param name="Location" dispName="" varType="area">0,0,0</Param>
   <Param name="Count" dispName="$$22435$$Count" varType="long">0</Param>
   <Param name="Heading" dispName="$$22432$$Heading" varType="long">0</Param>
   <Param name="Clear" dispName="$$22464$$Clear Existing Units:" varType="bool">true</Param>
   <Command>trArmyDispatch("%SrcArmy%", "%ProtoName%", %Count%, %Location%, %Heading%, %Clear%);</Command>
</Effect>

Would it be the SrcArmy command? Then how do I make armies?

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2007, 09:50:20 PM »

Armies include the player id.  Look into creating scenario armies to get a better idea.
River_God

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2007, 06:53:38 PM »

from the typetest code above, what are the  "Clear" and "Heading" parameters? and what's the point of "Protounit" if your army contains the protounits?

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2007, 12:05:13 AM »

Clear removes the army of all units (think of it as Ctrl+0).  You kind of need the Protounit to specify what you want to deploy no? (creates a unit and assigns it to the army).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Capture the Flag « previous next »
Jump to: