Welcome! Please Login or Register!
July 08, 2020, 01:22:29 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Fort Wars  |  ok major problem with fort wars 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!VR Jetpack Game Trailer and Music(Jul 29, 2019)
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: ok major problem with fort wars  (Read 7213 times)
mikietom

« on: September 07, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »

ive tried 3.2 and 4.0 and they both dont seem to work in the way thatt ur not spawning units so its really crap and ive had to resign my last 4 matches so its really shit i hope someone can fix this or even can read this
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »

There is no 4.0.  What game version and are you making sure you only play the maps from this site?
Shadox

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 06:45:39 PM »

thought so, i think kirby made 4.0, should you have kirby "punished to the greatest extent of the law!!"? lol, well i saw some guys going around and saying kirby is cool for making fort wars..., and fort wars ain't working anymore because of stupid CSO bugs, the units won't spawn that's the problem
captain morgan

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 09:55:21 AM »

yeah units dont spawn ive noticed this to and this happened right after patch 1.04 or the newest one so once again ESO RUINS EVERYTHING
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 03:47:51 PM »

*sigh* I really don't want to install everything again, let alone dig through code I haven't seen in 6 months.

What exactly did ES change?
Shadox

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 06:50:34 AM »

idk really, i guess they just excluded that spawn thing as a trigger and set up everything else for the custom scenarios online.

at least castle blood works Smiley
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 07:33:49 AM »

There is no "spawn" trigger.  The spawn system is made up of several hundred effects and conditions. :-/

Castle Blood virtually has no triggers - that's why it works.
Shadox

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 12:53:42 PM »

well maybe it couldn't handle that many triggers...
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 03:19:54 PM »

Huh? What are you talking about? Fort Wars has been that way since December 2005. Any trigger cap problems would have shown themselves then.

A max on triggers is also absolute nonsense - all you would have is lag; they would not stop working.
Shadox

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 03:36:42 PM »

lol lag from triggers, so do u know the answer to why it doesn't work?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 08:11:03 PM »

What exactly did ES change?

River_God

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 05:59:53 PM »

I am pretty sure ES changed some of the trigger coding, but I have not taken a good look at it yet.  Plus they emptied my RM2 file so now all I have is nothing, I will have to visit that section of your site with the download. 

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 03:31:03 PM »

I highly doubt it - otherwise CB would not work.  CB has the same effects and conditions used.  Fort Wars just has a tighter dependence.

I get the feeling ES just changed some minor things (tech ids); Can you describe what exactly happens? Do the instructions come up? Are unit prices in effect? etc
River_God

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 12:28:42 PM »

Well, from what I heard units simply don't spawn any more. But I have not yet tried it since I have not yet downloaded it again, I will do that now. If anytihng else is different I will say.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
Shadox

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 06:12:27 PM »

the instructions come up fine, i haven't tested the price thing, or rather i can't since u can't get gold for killing anything..., i even tried putting all units on teepee, and the text comes up for that
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Fort Wars  |  ok major problem with fort wars « previous next »
Jump to: