Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 26, 2024, 12:18:47 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  XS insertion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: XS insertion  (Read 4045 times)
River_God

« on: March 02, 2008, 12:35:26 PM »

ok, I looked at the map. From what I have seen from that map, CB and FW, it looks like you create a function "send chat", with the message being "*/"+ a line of code to enter +"/*" and then call it for every line of code you want inserted.  What I want to know is:

What are all the symbols that can affect the code inserted, and what do they do?
What is the point of XS injection?
Do I just use the trigger code in the code insertion, or something else?
What's the point of this line(line 23 in TOS_BloodSport-v3-3):
 rmSetTriggerEffectParam("Message", "\"); }} /*", false);

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 07:56:15 PM »

There are two methods I know of for insertion - you are mixing them together and trying to combine them...

Do you understand what custom effects/conditions are in scenarios? Quite the same here.

You basically can insert your own trigger code and create your own effects/conditions.  It is also more direct - you feed the commands straight to the computer.  Normally, trigger conditions/effects are read by the computer and then referenced with the typetest file; the computer then goes and compiles the commands itself (meaning more load time than if you gave the commands straight off).

It is virtually being able to script actions DURING the game, as opposed to only affecting the map generation, which is RMS.

The line you mentioned is used to start a series of insertions IF you wish for the variables to remain "global" (usable across numerous triggers)

The pattern is usually:

Send Chat - Start
Send Chat - XS Code
Send Chat - End

For more general use, I use:
SetIdleProcessing
Param: ("IdleProc", "true); "+xs+" trSetUnitIdleProcessing(true")
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  XS insertion « previous next »
Jump to: