Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 26, 2024, 09:14:20 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Is the number of usable variables in a function limited? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is the number of usable variables in a function limited?  (Read 24404 times)
Neuron

« on: August 31, 2013, 07:04:52 AM »

Do functions defined before the main one have a limitation on the number of variables which can be used inside it?

I created a function with 13 variables and it doesn't work. The program accepts the function but not using it with 13 variables in any way. I checked everything a few times and although the syntax is correct, the game doesn't accept 13 variables in a function defined before the main one.

Do you know if there's a limit to the number of variables which can be used in a custom-defined function?

LE. To be clear: the game accepts having a 13-variable function defined before the main one, but not using it in the main function.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:06:51 AM by Neuron » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »

If you mean number of arguments to a function, I think I've also hit a limit at some point.  You can always go around this by declaring global variables instead though or just breaking it up to multiple functions.
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Is the number of usable variables in a function limited? « previous next »
Jump to: