Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 23, 2024, 02:01:29 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Main  |  General Discussion  |  Current Projects 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Current Projects  (Read 6872 times)
pftq
Administrator

« on: October 27, 2013, 07:40:24 PM »

Just keeping my current projects in this thread, rather than starting new ones all the time (and if you're not interested, you can just ignore this one thread).   As usual, if anyone wants to help with any of my projects, let me know.  Feel free to post your own projects too if you want help/suggestions.  It'll be more fun to team up. Smiley

At the moment, just working on this song with a koto:
https://www.pftq.com/kotobox/

It's a lot more eastern-sounding than what I've done before; I've probably been listening to East Wind too much.  It's supposed to sound more neutral though - I don't know why it sounds sad or evil.  Ideas??  Huh
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:49:19 AM by pftq » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 11:54:50 PM »

Made a picture for it.  I'm stuck on where to continue the melody though.  I can't decide whether to make it more pleasant or more Halloween-ish since Halloween is in two days... Thoughts?
kerogunso

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 11:36:28 PM »

i think it sounds nice. but just curious is this song's main instrument suppose to be the koto? or is it like...mix of a lot of stuff again? lol cause I'm crazy about koto/guzheng w/e aha xD

Sent from my iPhone
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 02:58:14 PM »

Yes, it's a koto.  The song is called Koto.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »

The flute is an Indian bansuri though.
kerogunso

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 12:24:59 PM »

ohhh....cause I feel like the main instrument is the flute not the koto lol

Sent from my iPhone

>
kerogunso

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 04:47:55 PM »

haha but then the name if the song is called koto xD

Sent from my iPhone

>
TenshiRush

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »

I'm just gonna go ahead and state the obvious: it's those flute notes trailing down that make the song sound sad and melancholy.
Also, why is the 'Date Added' in 2014...?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 10:51:43 PM »

Haha, it will be added one day, some day... from the Future. Tongue

Ah, but I love the flute.... need some amazing way to make it trail down happily.  We shall see Grin
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 06:20:13 PM »

Some new melodies stuck in my head while I'm stumped on how to finish my other ones.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »

Remaking one of my first songs yet again.  But I haven't even finished the other two yet.  I've not been productive at all.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 12:31:26 PM »

Trying to pick out songs to keep in my portfolio reel.  If anyone has time to go through each song and let me know which ones they think I should keep, that would be greatly appreciated.
http://music.pftq.com/?show=all
ravel44

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 11:29:47 PM »

Just keeping my current projects in this thread, rather than starting new ones all the time (and if you're not interested, you can just ignore this one thread).   As usual, if anyone wants to help with any of my projects, let me know.  Feel free to post your own projects too if you want help/suggestions.  It'll be more fun to team up. Smiley

At the moment, just working on this song with a koto:
https://www.pftq.com/kotobox/

It's a lot more eastern-sounding than what I've done before; I've probably been listening to East Wind too much.  It's supposed to sound more neutral though - I don't know why it sounds sad or evil.  Ideas??  Huh

That's cool, I'm designing the audio/music for the 1st Gastronomical Virtual Reality Experience ( http://www.projectnourished.com ). The 1st environment we worked on was a japanese garden and suhis, I had to research and use a high end Koto library loadable in Kontakt. It ended up working well using a lot of different variations.
Between I'm also the Head Of Audio for Hyperloop Transportation Technologies :-)
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Main  |  General Discussion  |  Current Projects « previous next »
Jump to: