Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 26, 2024, 09:16:33 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  Castle Blood Basic Map Finished! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Castle Blood Basic Map Finished!  (Read 8910 times)
pftq
Administrator

« on: October 29, 2006, 01:09:44 PM »

The basic script has been finished! Grin Now it's just tweaking here and there.

So far we have:

- Fort in back and front
- Barracks and Stable on side

- Natives get Special building in back instead of fort (Noble's Hut, Corrall)

- Llama HP tells how many kills you have.

- Docks disabled

- 2 respawning ronins

- HC disabled

Awards:
100 - Church, Firepit for natives with 5 Warrior Priests
200 - Arsenal, Warrior Priest for natives
400 - Artillery Depot, Corral for Sioux, Nobles Hut for Aztec
600 - Settler
LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 01:33:35 PM »

WHY ARE THERE STABLES AND BARRACKS ON THE SIDE
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 06:32:07 PM »

Jeez calm down <_< How else would you upgrade the units.

Also Natives have no units in Fort.  Would be way too unbalanced if Natives had only warhuts and stables while Euros had all forts.

Everyone who's played it so far thinks it's fine.  You haven't even played it yet :p
LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 07:07:11 PM »

well
natives dont fit in CB >_>

u should make a plain aoe3 version :/

and they upgrade by killlsssss derrrr
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 11:38:25 PM »

You'd end up with Cuir spam - killing one Cuirassier shouldn't be same as killing one pike.  Just common sense there..
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 10:28:50 PM »

Train techs are in.  Game plays much faster and smoother now. Grin
LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 05:15:14 AM »

k cool Smiley
spector17

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 03:51:35 PM »

wow, cool! Can you please e-mail it to me, I really wana try it out.

anyway, in the origional castle blood there were several fort in the back (like 5-6), will that ever happen?
I relize that it will be to hard to attack and to easy to defend, so mabe make the fort attack weaker?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 04:57:36 PM »

Actually it REALLY isn't hard to attack (with artillery and all), but the main prob is that natives will be at a huge disadvantage if Europeans had so many forts.

Anyways - just try it first.

Try to meet me on ESO Smiley
LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 06:45:07 PM »

ok i might be able to this weekend.
spector17

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 11:07:50 AM »

Here are things that I think need to be changed,

1) 5 more forts in the back

2) longer distance between your section and the main island

3) can you make the ronins walk in from the side of the island to the middle, that is how it was in aok. They cant auto attack till the reach the center, but you can control them and tell them to attack. It just requires a lot of micro.

4) plz take away the insta train. Perhaps you can use a native unit tech to speed up train time.

5) “your” island bigger

6) can you make it so that the building on your island don’t overlap

7) put the stable and rax/warhut on a separate island, so that they can research techs and not train units.

8 ) can you keep the spies in just change the train time. Make it really slow, perhaps 60-120 seconds. They should be used for spying and not attacking imo.

9) Don’t get all the possible upgrades at one time. Start in fortress, and age only after so many kills.

10) Can you make after so many kills advanced arsenal techs enabled?

That is all I can think of for now, but so far good job on the update.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 12:41:27 PM »

Yep gonna do that.
Takes pretty long to walk that far already but ok.
3) can you make the ronins walk in from the side of the island to the middle, that is how it was in aok. They cant auto attack till the reach the center, but you can control them and tell them to attack. It just requires a lot of micro.
Isn't that more of a downgrade feature? Tongue But ok.  So it looks like they're comin in out of the water right?
4) plz take away the insta train. Perhaps you can use a native unit tech to speed up train time.
There is no instant train... I think I said this countless times already.  It's 50% off for cav.  You researched an extra 50% from the church so it totals 100% train time off.  I'll go find antoher tech for the cav though.
5) “your” island bigger
K
Ya that wasn't intentional... Tongue
7) put the stable and rax/warhut on a separate island, so that they can research techs and not train units.
Natives can't train units from Fort..
8 ) can you keep the spies in just change the train time. Make it really slow, perhaps 60-120 seconds. They should be used for spying and not attacking imo.
Ok.
9) Don’t get all the possible upgrades at one time. Start in fortress, and age only after so many kills.
Ok.
Already done. Smiley
That is all I can think of for now, but so far good job on the update.

spector17

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 06:30:22 AM »

Yep gonna do that.
k cool.

In aok it took maybe a min. to walk from your island to the main one.

Isn't that more of a downgrade feature? Tongue But ok. So it looks like they're coming in out of the water right?
They should look like they are coming out from the water. that is exactly how it was in aok:). And yes it is a downgrade, do you know how hard it is to attack with 5 forts hailing down on you? Oh, and do the same with all the other rewards.

There is no instant train... I think I said this countless times already. It's 50% off for cav. You researched an extra 50% from the church so it totals 100% train time off. I'll go find another tech for the cav though.
I'm confused. Where did the first 50% come from? If you made it so all units have 50% train time off, even before the game starts, take it off. The game is fast enough with 5 forts pumping units.

5) “your” island bigger
K
k

oh, ok thanks

for Europeans can you make it so that you can not train units from the rax/stable; this is so that they don't get 2 extra places too build units.

8 ) can you keep the spies in just change the train time. Make it really slow, perhaps 60-120 seconds. They should be used for spying and not attacking IMO.
Ok.

Ok.

Already done. Smiley
nice

11)I'm seriously wondering if there should be an artillery foundry in the game. For one it is the lag, there are more units then fort wars. And 2nd what about and all art army, perhaps mortars?

12)And also I think that petards might need nerfing Tongue (IF you keep them in)

13)I noticed that with you got rewards such has mediocre bombard, what was the requiremints for this awards?

14) I think that on a 1v1 the forts should have lesshit points then a 4v4.

nice job
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 12:45:36 PM »

Yep gonna do that.
k cool.

In aok it took maybe a min. to walk from your island to the main one.
Don't you get kind of bored? Tongue O well ok.
Isn't that more of a downgrade feature? Tongue But ok. So it looks like they're coming in out of the water right?
They should look like they are coming out from the water. that is exactly how it was in aok:). And yes it is a downgrade, do you know how hard it is to attack with 5 forts hailing down on you? Oh, and do the same with all the other rewards.

There is no instant train... I think I said this countless times already. It's 50% off for cav. You researched an extra 50% from the church so it totals 100% train time off. I'll go find another tech for the cav though.
I'm confused. Where did the first 50% come from? If you made it so all units have 50% train time off, even before the game starts, take it off. The game is fast enough with 5 forts pumping units.
The tech for speeding up cav is 50%.
5) “your” island bigger
K
k

oh, ok thanks

for Europeans can you make it so that you can not train units from the rax/stable; this is so that they don't get 2 extra places too build units.

8 ) can you keep the spies in just change the train time. Make it really slow, perhaps 60-120 seconds. They should be used for spying and not attacking IMO.
Ok.

Ok.

Already done. Smiley
nice

11)I'm seriously wondering if there should be an artillery foundry in the game. For one it is the lag, there are more units then fort wars. And 2nd what about and all art army, perhaps mortars?

12)And also I think that petards might need nerfing Tongue (IF you keep them in)

13)I noticed that with you got rewards such has mediocre bombard, what was the requiremints for this awards?
100k XP - they die pretty easy though.
14) I think that on a 1v1 the forts should have lesshit points then a 4v4.
Have you tried team games? More than anything buildings need MORE HP! :p
nice job
Smokah

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 10:20:08 PM »

dam u guys, i wanna play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The only reason I fought so hard to live, was so that I didn't die for nothing.  Now, I can die for something."  Jack Bauer, 24, season 6, mondays at 8 on Fox
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  Castle Blood Basic Map Finished! « previous next »
Jump to: