Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 28, 2024, 06:25:28 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy Board - Can I make these adjustments? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jeopardy Board - Can I make these adjustments?  (Read 1725 times)
TimothyL

« on: March 31, 2016, 11:20:17 PM »

Hello!  I would first like to thank you for creating Jeopardy Maker and offering it freely to all who wish to use it.  It is great, and will be part of our birthday celebration for my mom who turns 90 next week.

I have a few questions , the answers to which I cannot find as I read the "README" and the setup.ini files that are a part of Jeopardy Maker.  I am using a macbook pro running 10.6.8.

•  Can I set the board up so that it has only five rows instead of six?  I'd like to match the current Jeopardy game board as seen on TV.
•  Can I set the question values to different amounts?  Again, I'd like to match the current Jeopardy game board as seen on TV.
•  Can the "answer window" be eliminated so that clicking on the question again sends you back to the main board?
•  At the start, can the theme music be made to fade out/terminate in time to hear only the beeps as the categories and values appear?

Again, thank you for creating Jeopardy Maker.  It is going to save me so much time and will, in itself,  be a hit at the party!

Timothy
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 10:16:13 PM »

Hi, the board automatically counts the number of questions files to determine the rows.  So if you delete the question files that have the number 6, it'll automatically size to 5.  See this part of the readme on "column#-questions.txt".

The answer window cannot be eliminated unfortunately.  I would just fill it with something the comment on the question if answers aren't needed.

The game doesn't have something to fade out the theme music automatically, but you can edit the theme music file yourself to fade.  The file is sounds/Jeo.mp3

The question value amounts can be set in the setup.ini.  Look for:
// value of each row
val=100

// value of final rows
valfinal=1000

TimothyL

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 10:09:03 AM »

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Having the answer window isn't a problem; I can use it as is to "confirm" the host's response.

I edited the Jeo.mp3 so that the theme stops playing (and it does that after exactly one time through the theme!) when the categories and values appear.

I made the question values change as you directed; perfect!

The only thing I couldn't do is eliminate the bottom row.  Before first writing you, I tried eliminating the #6 questions, but it didn't change the board, only caused it to lock up if you select any from that row.  I'll do as you suggested and check out the  "column#-questions.txt" part of the readme and I think I'll figure it out.  But, if I can't......  Expect another post, lol.

Thanks again!

Timothy
MJNB

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »

Hi Question,

Is there a way for me to resize the categories row?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 11:29:15 AM »

Yes, look for catsize in the setup file.
MJNB

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 02:21:23 PM »

Catsize just changed my font size. Is it possible to change the height of the row?

Thanks for the quick reply.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 07:20:33 PM »

Not in Jeopardy Maker.  It's a very simple tool.  Check out Gameshow Maker if you want more settings:
https://www.pftq.com/gameshowmaker/
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy Board - Can I make these adjustments? « previous next »
Jump to: