Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 26, 2024, 05:33:43 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Daily Doubles and Double Jeopardy! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Daily Doubles and Double Jeopardy!  (Read 1620 times)
Zeoj99

« on: August 03, 2016, 04:00:36 PM »

Hi,

I'm just learning how to use this template and I have two questions about how to customize it.

1. How can I create a game with a Double Jeopardy! round? Do I need to create a whole separate game?

2. I like the Daily Double feature, but I'd like to be able to choose where they are located. Can I do that?

Thank you for making this template! You've already saved me a lot of time decorating my Powerpoint!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:53:26 PM »

Hi, unfortunately there's only Final Jeopardy at the end.  Daily Doubles are also randomized.

A trick you can do though is just editing the point value or text of a question to say Double Jeopardy or Daily Double.  It's not as official but probably gets the same function across.
Zeoj99

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 09:04:55 AM »

Thanks. While I'm at it, I was wondering if there's a way to have people buzz in. If not, how would you recommend doing this? Is there a website I can use?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 12:17:55 PM »

What do you mean buzz in? Via website or in the classroom? For myself, I've generally just had the moderator control the game and click when someone raises their hand to answer.  There's ways to give everyone a remote to buzz in with but it might get expensive and overly complicated (3D mouses, classroom clickers, etc).
Zeoj99

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 02:24:32 PM »

Ok great. What I'm actually hoping to do is play a game of Jeopardy over a Google+ hangout. Long story short, my contestants don't live anywhere near me. So I need to do this completely on the computer. I guess I could just have them raise their hands though.

My actual question was more "Do you have a feature that lets people buzz in, within the game?" I'm guessing not.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 02:37:47 PM »

No, it was designed more for a classroom or live event with someone who'd be the moderator.
Zeoj99

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 07:02:24 PM »

Alright. Thanks anyway. On the bright side, now you have some ideas for new features to add to this game!
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Daily Doubles and Double Jeopardy! « previous next »
Jump to: