Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 29, 2024, 08:24:47 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy for Mac, Damaged .app file 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jeopardy for Mac, Damaged .app file  (Read 1493 times)
cckborg

« on: April 28, 2019, 02:38:02 PM »

I have used the original Jeopardy for several years as a fun review in the Bible study I lead. I love how customizable the app is. I saw there is a new version so I downloaded it for Mac. When I click on the .app file it tells me the file is damaged. I saw this same question asked on Sept. 9, 2015 in the General Questions forum didn't see an answer.

At first glance, the original version still works (MacOS 10.13.6), but I would prefer to move forward with the updated version. Is there a solution to the damaged file problem?

Thanks, Carol
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 06:13:36 PM »

There isn't really any significant change in the new version - I would stick to the old one if it works for you.  Adobe stopped supporting flash, so I suspect the compiler in later years wasn't as thoroughly tested.
mak

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 06:22:32 PM »

I must say i have enjoyed using jeopardy for mac. But now neither version (old or new) work for me.

With the newer version like the OP I get damaged .app file error and nothing happens.

With the older version I am able to open the app. I can even click on FULSCREEN or WINDOWED but then the screen goes dark. No sound, No display. It just hangs there....

Would really love a working version for an upcoming party. THis app is amazing and should be up there in terms of most practical and best, no-nonsense app written that gets the job done. Kudos on that and keep it going!

thanks
mahesh
mak

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 06:24:57 PM »

oh and i am running OS Mojave 10.14.6 . Not sure if that is an issue...
Pops 22

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 07:43:25 AM »

Will you be updating Jeopardy for Mac OS 15 Catalina? I've used this program for years in school and with family and friend activities. I would like to keep using it, but can't now that I've update to OS 15.
cckborg

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 08:37:45 AM »

I must say i have enjoyed using jeopardy for mac. But now neither version (old or new) work for me.

I am running MacOS 10.14.6 and the old Jeopardy version is working for me.

I will add my voice to the requests for a 64-bit, updated version of Jeopardy to work with Catalina. It is the best Jeopardy creator I have found.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 02:45:01 PM »

The program was written in Flash, so it might be part of Apple's gradual phase-out of running Flash software.  I don't have a Mac, so I don't have an easy way to test.

Are you able to run the SWF version (just replace the .app with the .swf in the same folder) using Mac? That's an option on PC to just run the Flash file embedded in web browser instead.

For now, I will keep the old version of Jeopardy Maker for the Mac download, since that seemed to be working fine.
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy for Mac, Damaged .app file « previous next »
Jump to: