Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 19, 2024, 04:01:27 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Reviving a map from AOE2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reviving a map from AOE2  (Read 5613 times)
_l2evolutionist__

« on: May 17, 2007, 11:16:40 AM »

i an extremely novice map maker and would like help from a couple people to ressurect Tower Defence
for those of you that dont know what that is
each player starts with 6 villies and 2000 wood and 2000 gold they are located next to a large amount of resources a forrest and a large gold mine sepperated from that theres valley that zigzags around the map and 2 more villies from each player up on that ridge taht surrounds the valley 

at one end of the valley there is spawn points for X number of units with X number of hitpoints what the players have to do is build enoguh towers to successfully kill all the units before they reach the opposite side of the valley there will also be a an upgrade system letting you buy additional damage for your towers or buy artillary to use aginst the runners

there should be 20 levels each one getting harder and harder and when a player kills somthing he gains a certain amount of coin or wood
but unfortunatly my abilities are not this adpet ive managed to get units to walk to one side of the map throguh the valley and desighend the map but thats about it : '
my aim is Outsideout2312
my yahoo is Outside_inthe_box
And my email is outside_inthe_box@yahoo.com

i would be very greatful for any help and if it is as near as popular in aoe3 as aoe2 it will be riht there with cats n mice
River_God

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:48:35 PM »

Sounds fun, can't wait until it comes out, if it does, and if pftq come back on some time soon.

I have probably less experience making maps than you but I could still help. Not sure how much help I will be but something is better than nothing. Have you chekced out the tutorial?

http://hyenastudios.mugamo.come/aoe3rmstutorial.htm

it helped me alot. Grin

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
_l2evolutionist__

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 05:30:19 PM »

ive gotten stuff to walk across a map with out me touching it im HARDCORE

this thing will have like 1000 triggers

needs to trigger each individual item to spawn then trigger its health then trigger the run speed most of it will jsut be copy and paste but i jsut need help on how to do all those like spawning and i also need to make the game play more adept than just mining and cutting wood and building
and how do you set it where if something hits a certain area it can trigger an efffect like when a unit gets to the end of the valley?
_l2evolutionist__

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 05:31:01 PM »

ooh i was looking for a tutorial thanks Grin
_l2evolutionist__

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 06:09:39 PM »

wow i think i would do better if some1 just showed me how i was doing it the hard way  i guess is there any map teams like on HALO custom edition
River_God

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 02:08:44 PM »

There's probably a few clans out there, like the sanstorm clan, the leader sandstorm. But I am not sure how much help they would be, if any, I just know it calls itself a custom map guild or somehitng like that, otherwise I think KoVV or Echo will help. I only say that because I know people in those clans and I know they like to play custom maps alot. again not sure if they can help, at least the tutorial will.  Grin

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 12:39:39 PM »

Hey - glad people are still making things.  I actually don't have AOE3 anymore, but I can help you guys out (figure out triggers needed or make new triggers etc) if you need it. Smiley

I was going to make something similar but as far as I know, the players were supposed to be against a computer right? Online, the computer cannot move... unless they changed that in recent patches.
_l2evolutionist__

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 07:52:01 PM »

yeah like you set one comp to the opposite team to command all the running units, its a smae AOE3 doesnt have the same amount of players all looking for custom maps at a good time on the MSN zone there was about 500 people on if not more
and if you know how to contact the map making guilds/clans plz tell me at Outside_inthe_box@yahoo.com
i would be glad for all the help i could get and if anyone can help me over aim or Yahoo or MSN messenger
Ultra_Janissary

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 03:33:12 AM »

it's sandstorm's custom map cult and i'm in it .although i know NOTHING about RMS.
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Reviving a map from AOE2 « previous next »
Jump to: