Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 23, 2024, 05:32:21 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  I need help seriously With an incredible map 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I need help seriously With an incredible map  (Read 10185 times)
doomdragon200

« on: June 04, 2007, 02:31:49 PM »

ok here comes my story.. ive created an awsome scenario map in editor for age of empires 3 the warchiefs... my question is HOW i play my map online..
this is not a stupid crappy noob map...

some guy on aoe chat told me i had to go to this website... but omg what is this everything,, it makes me grazy scripting etc...? is that what i nid to get it online? isnt it juust a simple thing to change the map file itno smting,, waa i realy have no idea,,, and dunno what im doing here..

i want you (the pro's here admins or importantd persons:P) to look at this map.. i uploaded it on file front in a rar file,,, please go have a look in map editor and do a playtest, it has an instruction movie on start..

heres a small screenshot pack:
http://files.filefront.com/SS_The_Wild_West_Aoe3rar/;7693156;/fileinfo.html
screenies:

Features,, early morning,morning, afternoon, evening and night

Beutiful wild west map, with as goal to kill the enemies sheriff,, by using outlaw units,, like rodelero,pistolero,comanchero,pirate, great bombard. gaining this units by deleting special objects like a TNT car,, wich makes a special effect,, you gather coin,, and you ahve to buy these army's

heres the download link:
http://files.filefront.com/the_wild_west_beta_versionrar/;7692562;/fileinfo.html

i made lot of scenarios on age of mythology lot of people knew me as DoomDragon200

ive created:

Archer Forest
HellFire
Fina fantasy the lost eggs
and many cat and mices...

these where realy non noob maps! lot of people tell me i am an awsome map creator... here is a package of al age of mythology maps ive created...:
http://files.filefront.com/AOM_Scenarios_by_DoomDragon200rar/;5128660;/fileinfo.html

hmm i realy dunno how to put it online.. i dunno if it is posible someone get it for me online? or just give me a guide how to do this.. i think this map is worth it Wink i hope someone can help

tanks DoomDragon200

(sorry for my bad english)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 03:23:35 AM by doomdragon200 » Logged
River_God

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 04:52:59 PM »

You want to get a map to ESO?
All you have to do is go on ESO and host a game, go to the chat rooms and say "NEW CUSTOM MAP IA AMAZING SAY"WAR!" TO JOIN!" and call the game you host "(name of map) NEW CUSTOM AMAZING" and people will come and it will spread if it is good and will die out if it sucks. I would say put it here but custom maps are in a file type that cannot be uploaded here, I know I tried. All you can do is host it on ESO and hope people play and spread it around. Try playing with members of Echo clan and other custom map clans they will help spread it very quickly. That is all i can say.

edit: if you want I will help spread it my ESO account name is River_God, but I may not be on for the next week or two, if you see me jsut ask
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:55:46 PM by River_God » Logged

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
doomdragon200

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 02:33:43 AM »

uuhh i cannot host the map online thats the problem.... i made it in editor... saved it ...its a scenario but how i get it online now in custum map it cant find the map:S...its not in the custum map list!  only the stupid cat and mics i downloaded form other players

well just download the map then if you think its that easy and put it online then try to host it.. i cant get it done Sad
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 03:24:29 AM by doomdragon200 » Logged
River_God

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:41:37 AM »

That is a problem, the map needs to be scripted. The editor maps cannot help you much. Maybe if you could search through the files of AoE on your comp and found the file and transferred it into your RM file that might work, but it might not.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
doomdragon200

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 12:44:39 PM »

That is a problem, the map needs to be scripted. The editor maps cannot help you much. Maybe if you could search through the files of AoE on your comp and found the file and transferred it into your RM file that might work, but it might not.

thats my question if there is ANYYYY WAY to do this... someone help me with it.. and please tell me how to do this step by step or just download the file and try to do it yourself,, i will be verry greatfull Wink
River_God

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 06:23:56 PM »

If you can, try to poke around the AoE files (which can be found My Computer>My Games>Age of Empires> here somewhere) and try to find your scenario and move it to the RM file.

Otherwise you have to script it, which is coding it one 1001001 at a time. kidding, there are no 1001001, just alot of code. Here is a tutorial:

http://hyenastudios.mugamo.com/aoe3rmstutorial.htm

I hope reading the first few paragraphs of this will clear things up a bit.

doomdragon200

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 05:42:34 AM »

erm im not even gona try look waht this page says...

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: How do I convert my scenario into a random map/skirmish map?

A: You can't. A scenario is a map with a fixed size, player number, terrain, buildings, etc.
A random map/skirmish map will be generated new each time it gets started, and with the random commands you will learn to create in this tutorial.

Q: Can I play my custom scenarios online?
A: Not yet. You will have to wait for a game patch with a version higher than 1.11 .

Q: Can I play my custom random maps online?
A: Yes.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 05:44:07 AM by doomdragon200 » Logged
doomdragon200

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 05:47:46 AM »

http://files.filefront.com/the_wild_west_beta_versionrar/;7692562;/fileinfo.html

heres the map download... maybe you can do it? or someone else...
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 04:28:21 PM »

Like the tutorial says - you can't.  Simple as that.  Scenarios and random maps are two entire different things.  RM is like having a game w/ an X-pack and scenario has none - the X-Pack can play on the non-expansion games, but the non-expansion can't play on the X-Pack games no matter what.  (sorry only analogy I can think of lol)

What River_God is talking about most likely is an editor that creates the random maps for you but it's not an editor like that in AOE3.  More or less you just decide map sizes, tree randomness and other basic stuff.
doomdragon200

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 08:03:52 AM »

hmm i see well anybody knows when the pacth is gona be released then? i hope it will come,,
River_God

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 12:45:46 PM »

I doubt it ever will... it is simply too much work for something only like 1% of people will use.

doomdragon200

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 01:30:35 PM »

if thats the case FU<K ENSEBLE STUDIOS... ITs the thing i love about age of empires its  the thing i live for.. building maps and play them online!
River_God

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »

you can still build them just it is a little more complicated and takes longer and is a little less fun...

doomdragon200

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 01:51:15 PM »

scripting is fuked i never gona do that,, thats realy not fun... i rather setup gameservers for wow or something,,
Ultra_Janissary

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 03:26:55 AM »

it's coming in patch 1.12 for original and patch 1.04 for warcheif hope that helps although it's been 3 months since they said that and patch 1.04 still isn't out. neither is patch 1.12.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  I need help seriously With an incredible map « previous next »
Jump to: