Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 19, 2024, 09:55:36 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  This is a little late but... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: This is a little late but...  (Read 4938 times)
River_God

« on: September 10, 2007, 06:05:05 PM »

Aztecs are not balanced, they get EXP aura, their units are not bad, and if they do the fertility dance at the same time then they are absolutely OP. No other civ has anything close to having free XP and faster spawn like the Aztecs, plus they can dance for EXP and get XP from the explorer at the same time. I have found that the only players that ever beat me are either laming Aztec, or my partener left, or both.

Just gonna say this but JRICHJ, you do lame Aztecs, I don't care what you think they are OP, undeniably.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 03:32:19 PM »

None of the units are modified from how they work in supremacy.  CB 1.1 was okay back when it was made - but since then, ES has boosted the explorer XP bonus from 2x to 3x.  Just the effects from the latest patches. Tongue
Shadox

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »

i heard that the X3 doesn't work
River_God

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:27:10 PM »

well actually I think the Aztec problem has been there the whole time, just now it is emphasized with the 3x. The thing aobut not-different from Sup is that not all Sup civs' armies are equal there, some have a weaker army but make up in Eco, and oters have extra pop instead. I have to agree that all the civs are pretty equal, except for Russians who suck and Aztecs which are OP.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
Shadox

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 06:13:30 PM »

if u use russians properly they can be pretty good, cav spam cossacks for 1 pop while bringing in muskets for support
River_God

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 04:47:01 PM »

German doppels pwn then, Dutch Ruyters pwn them, even Cuirs with skirm back up will pwn that.

Shadox

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 03:04:11 PM »

if we had some certain cards it would be vice-versa
River_God

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 03:56:28 PM »

But since you don't...

Shadox

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 08:45:49 AM »

anyways dopps and ryuters are anti cav, currs are 3 pop compared to a lousy 1... 1 cossack kills a skirm, 1 vet cossack beats a guard skirm
Pages: [1] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  This is a little late but... « previous next »
Jump to: