Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 28, 2024, 09:12:00 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy Maker - General Comments/Questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Jeopardy Maker - General Comments/Questions  (Read 116568 times)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 05:27:05 PM »

Hi that is correct - you will need to keep track of scoring outside.  If you download "Gameshow Maker" (more complicated version of Jeopardy Maker), it allows you to edit a scoreboard inside the game but it doesn't count automatically.  The reason I avoid automatically counting score is because people could have any number of ways of dividing teams and keeping tally.

I'm not sure what you mean about the intro.  For fullscreen - if the fullscreen button doesn't work, you can press Ctrl+F to fullscreen when already in the game.  You can also click View > Fullscreen on the toolbar at top.
sharpee

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 05:29:15 PM »

Thank you
doodle

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 09:37:27 AM »

I was wondering if there is a way to add images to the questions.  I have a few questions that need to be answered with map in view.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 09:40:05 AM »

Hi, the later iteration of the program, called Gameshow Maker, supports html and images. There are a lot more settings though, which might confuse some users and is why I keep the versions separate.

teachergenki

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »

When I click on a question in a category to answer it, I always get a sound that indicates a wrong answer. Does it always do this or can it play a sound that indicates a right answer?

* Brilliant job, by the way. Teachers all over the world should sing your praises!
teachergenki

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 01:47:49 PM »

I just came across your Jeopardy Maker application, so I'm still new to this. It was a lot easier than I had first believed. All you need to do is edit the files in the "questions" folder--and nothing else--for you to create your own game. Brilliant!

Is there a way for us to share the games we create? I mean, obviously I could just save a backup copy of my edited "questions" folder and pass it on to someone else, but it would be inconvenient if you had a lot of different games you wanted to try out and the only way you could do it would be to substitute the current "questions" folder with a newly edited one.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »

I think the older application has only one sound, but the newer let's you use different sounds with the keyboard.

For changing the questions folder, you can do so by editing the dir= line in setup.ini, so you can still keep multiple folders with questions and just switch by editing one line.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:39:06 PM by pftq » Logged
spoofdogg

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 09:19:39 PM »

Hello,
Thank you so much for this awesome resource!

I have a question though, I can't get apostrophes or quotation marks to show up in the game.
Do you have any suggestions?
I tried using the commands ' and ' but neither worked.

Thanks again,
-Jesse
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 12:42:54 AM »

Hi I got them to appear just fine.  See the attached file.

Make sure you're using a plain-text editor like Notepad.  If you use something like Microsoft Word, it might apply special formatting to the file; Word does have the option to strip out special formatting so you could try that too.

* column1-questions.txt (0.13 KB - downloaded 284 times.)
mzmonkey

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 04:42:52 PM »

Hello PFTQ person!! Thank you SO MUCH for making the Jeopardy game for regular people like me! I used it to make a final review exam for my students and I just know they are going to love it. My question is - I can only show it in the window view. If I go full screen, it only shows a corner. I can drag the sides of the window and it will enlarge - but only sometimes. I THINK I figured out how I can make it work for tomorrow's review, but in the future, what shall I do to avoid this problem? Do I need to download a different kind of flash player? I'm afraid I'm not very computer savvy... but if you have solutions, I am all ears because I would like to continue making your games for my students!

Thanks ever so much!

Mz. Monkey
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »

Glad you're finding it useful! What version are you using? PC, Mac, or SWF?
jmcruiser

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 06:43:27 PM »

I am unable to see graphics in fullscreen mode, get a solid screen.  I am on a PC, any thoughts.  Very anxious to use this as a major tradeshow but lack of fullscreen will be a problem.  This is awesome, thanks for the help.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 06:49:50 PM »

Does the online version have the same issue?
https://www.pftq.com/gallery/albums/art/flash/jeo/FlashDVD.pftq?album=lastcom&cat=0&pid=3228&msg_id=8707&page=1#comment8707

Can you elaborate what system or computer you're using? Are you on a regular laptop/desktop or a tablet? Etc
nataliieep

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 05:53:38 PM »

how do i make a game? im not understanding how to create onw
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »

Hi, you can download the game at www.pftq.com/jeopardy

Once you unzip the folder, it's ready to run so there's nothing to create.
You can just double click the JeopardyMaker file. To edit the questions,
you would just edit the text files in the questions folder.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy Maker - General Comments/Questions « previous next »
Jump to: