Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 29, 2024, 12:57:44 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy Maker - General Comments/Questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Jeopardy Maker - General Comments/Questions  (Read 116569 times)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2015, 03:56:35 PM »

I've gone through and recompiled Jeopardy and Gameshow Maker to bring them up to speed with the new operating systems/devices, so that should hopefully iron out any fullscreen issues some people have been having.  I've also taken the opportunity to add HTML/images to the original Jeopardy Maker, as that was a long requested feature there.  And lastly, questions/answers files will automatically be trimmed to avoid issues where extra rows show up from blank lines.

I'm also looking to build a more stable community around these tools if there are any web/product developers out there willing to help with this.  I realize after the long hiatus in updates that I should probably be passing the torch on maintaining and supporting these programs.  Please contact me if you might be interested.
mullie

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2015, 08:55:43 AM »

First, thanks for posting such a great tool and updating it!  Just wanted to let you know that the link to the PC version is not working.  Thanks.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2015, 09:48:43 AM »

Thanks! Just fixed the link.
kunow

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2015, 06:43:38 AM »

I'm getting an error saying that Jeopardy is damaged and can't be opened when trying to open the Mac version.  Any suggestions?
Frank

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2015, 06:48:21 AM »

I just found this online. I use it with my EMS programs and the students love it.

Thanks!!!!
marylou4032

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2016, 11:43:50 AM »

I would like to create a jeopardy game for my nursing students. I have downloaded the zip but am having trouble figuring out how to start and connect everything. I have read discussion but the content is scattered and hard to follow. Appreciate any help so I can get ready for next term
ecky

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2016, 09:43:05 AM »

First off, great program.  I see some real potential for this in my classroom.  I was very pleased to read that you added the ability to add images to it.  IMHO that was all that was missing from this "stripped down" version of Gamemaker for the average basic user (like myself).

A few questions when you get the chance...
1)  How do you know what version you are running?  I think I downloaded the latest but can't see to find any indication of which version I have.
2)  Trying to insert images to no avail.  Do the images need to be local?  If so, where should I put them?  I have tried different locations and for the life of me can not get them to show.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks for creating such a great piece of software for the benefit of all!

Cheers,
Paul E.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:46:00 AM by ecky » Logged
kwillard

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2016, 06:05:33 PM »

I have successfully created my first Jeopardy game (thank you for making  that effortless)  - how do I create the 2nd or double jeopardy?  I do not  see the Q&A folder that should help me with this according to you description. 
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2016, 06:09:01 PM »

There are daily doubles and final jeopardy but no explicit double jeopardy unfortunately.  If you want to create a second game, you can just copy paste the folder.
maybeimwrong

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2018, 10:39:42 AM »

Thank you so much for making this. Its an awrsome program. Is there a way to take the Jeopardy logo out and replace it with a different graphic?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2018, 11:29:10 AM »

You can just replace the files in the graphics folder.
RIG

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2018, 02:11:06 PM »

For the love of me I can't figure out how to get images to show up the questions area.  I saw the example of the Jeopardy in the HTML format and tried to copy it and placed my photo in the same folder and saved it as a PNG but it's not showing up.  Please tell me (computer idiot) step by step how to take a photo on my computer and put it in HTML so it shows up for a visual question.  I'm using the program for a radiology game night and need to put many x-rays, CT's etc. as questions.  Thank you

~ Lawrence
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2018, 02:16:27 PM »

What do you have in the questions file?
kplese

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2018, 08:13:56 AM »

I'm using a Mac and having trouble adding questions/answers to my added column.  The new column #6 shows up but when I create the txt files for questions/answers they do not appear.  Please help!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2018, 08:54:27 AM »

Can you upload a zip of the questions files?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Jeopardy Maker - General Comments/Questions « previous next »
Jump to: