Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 19, 2024, 08:42:27 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  How It Will Play 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: How It Will Play  (Read 25273 times)
spector17

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 04:07:27 PM »

back to the topic  Tongue, ill try find somemore castle blood guides/readme. It just appearers that the readme was only invented after aok...  Undecided

BTW, i like the spell check, it works better then the word one.  ;D
Smokah

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 05:23:29 PM »

well, since ur hellbent on making a castle blood map Sad ill be happy to give my input since i played it exensively....but i only played the AoK one, i never had AoC expansion!  with that said heres what i recall from cba:

every civ had their own unit (ie mongols had horse archer, britons had longbow, persians had elephants, etc...)

every civ also would spawn 2 vills at a certain amnt of razes (depending on the civ (ie japs had 2 raze, brit had 3, etc)
-also, every raze after u get a vill u would get +2 vills

ALSO the game was a big TEAM based game bbecause of the fact that ud get ONLY archers or ONLY infantry or ONLY cavalry or ONLY horsearcher so each civ was at a disadvanntage to another civ.

afteru get a vill it was possibble to build barracks, stables, and arch ranges to supplement ur army with bbetter troops (ie if u were japs and the other team had persians, u would make a barracks so that u could have pikes to counter them!)

you would start in age 1 and for a certain amnt of kills u could advance in age up to age 4.  furthermore, once u aged u could use the blacksmith to upgrade (there were no blacksmith upgrades for age 1...i think)

every base looked like this(dont have screenshot cause my AoK disc is scratched beyond belief...trust me it looks like a vinyl record for christ sake)

[][][][][][][][][][]   each "[]" represents a wall square
[]  ________    []                                               
[]                    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]xx    as you may have guessed the Ca is a castle
[]      Ca                                                     []xx       (not calcium or anything on the table of elements!)
[]  ________                                               =xx     
[]                                                              =xx       "==" represents a gate
[]      Ca                                                     []xx      (each gate counts as a raze!!!)
[]                                                              =xx    the "xx" represents shallows
[]      Ca                                                     []xx   (maybe -.5 or so elevation for age3?)
[]                                                              =xx
[]      Ca                                                    []xx
[]  ________    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]xx
[]                   []
[][][][][][][]==[]   <-----this gate led to a little island where ur extras would spawn(ie vills)

behind the castles were more space than shown here tho,  and water surrounded the walls.  the major difference between aoe2&3 maps is that aoe2 maps were square! and as u know aoe3 maps are round.  can u RMS walls?  i suggest usng SPC Fort walls like from the campaign.
BTW....about the comp plyrs not able to move, i saw a trigger in the map editor called AI set attack plan and u can set an area...just fyi....cowboys n indians?

"The only reason I fought so hard to live, was so that I didn't die for nothing.  Now, I can die for something."  Jack Bauer, 24, season 6, mondays at 8 on Fox
Smokah

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

i preview and preview and preview my post to make sure the illustration is good....and it turns out like that!!!!!!!!!!!! dammit!!!!!!!!!

"The only reason I fought so hard to live, was so that I didn't die for nothing.  Now, I can die for something."  Jack Bauer, 24, season 6, mondays at 8 on Fox
LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2006, 05:34:58 PM »

dude, look at the screenshot of the CB map i posted  Tongue
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2006, 05:45:46 PM »

Can't we use cliffs instead of walls? Huh
Smokah

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2006, 06:52:14 PM »

i guess that would work but it dont solve the probblem of RMSing 3 gates!

Smokah

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2006, 06:57:17 PM »

o and another thing i forgot was that each civ had their own pop cap....japs had like 100 or 120, brit had 80, mongols 60 etc..
so if any unit seems too strong, just make them have less

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »

Or just have pop cap 200 and use the unit's regular pop...
LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2006, 08:44:02 PM »

smokah your reallly confusing me now  Huh
ive never played a CB with walls, or gates.
Smokah

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2006, 12:50:56 AM »

age of kings?  castle blood automatic?  i know what im talking about and i have this feeling it is very different from what you think a castle blood is!  ive noticed you have only played the conquerers....i have only played the orginal AoE II. we both played castle blood but on, well it might as well be two different games.  but i cant see how it could differ.  what EXACTLY is the map U are talking about called...because i know mine; which is Castle Blood Automatic WE 2-3, 2-5, etc...

if you've played castle blood Turbo then thats another story because yes there are no gates on that map...but since pftq is gonna have a spawn script (auto spawn script) then i assumed we were talking about cb A!!!!!!!!!!!!

spector17

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2006, 05:18:42 AM »

The one i know used water instead of walls.
spector17

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2006, 05:29:37 AM »

OK, we are talking about the aoc castle blood original or castle blood fair (the 2 versions are about the same, personally i think fair is better); only!

we aren't playing with gates or walls.
There will be 200 pop.
Each unit will count for it regular pop.
the are 6 castles on each island; they train the units.

ill think of somemore thing later
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2006, 06:12:14 AM »

I thought the only spawn was the two knights or whatever...

Yes no?
spector17

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2006, 01:24:22 PM »

smokah is right on certian things, but since he doeson't have aoc, hes wrong on certain things

every civ had their own unit (ie mongols had horse archer, britons had longbow, persians had elephants, etc...)
thats pretty how it was played, but now with the forts, I think it will be better for each civ to spawn the units they normally have at the fort.

anthere is no such thing as a aoc castle blood with walls or gates!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2006, 06:43:24 PM »

Ok so basically just place forts around - nothing special. I'll see about starting it on the weekend.  Mephilips says he won't be able to help though. Sad Argh!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  How It Will Play « previous next »
Jump to: