Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 25, 2024, 04:29:32 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  How It Will Play 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: How It Will Play  (Read 25278 times)
pftq
Administrator

« on: October 05, 2006, 04:51:39 PM »

Ok I have never played Castle Blood before.  Based on what several people have told me, this will be the basics of how it will play.  Please suggest more - I need to know what I should be doing before I do anything! Huh

Special thanks to spector17 for starting it off.

Map Design
- Round center island
- Large round player islands surrounding it
- Narrow straight, long bridges connecting player islands to center.

Player Bases
- One fort in front.
- Several forts in back.
- Armory in between.

Play
- Train units from fort.
- Only civilization's unique unit is trainable.
- Train time is normal.
- Everyone has 2 auto-respawning ronins by default.

Center
- A house from each player lies in center; losing it loses you 10 pop

Awards
- Come at kill intervals
- First is an advanced Church.
- Advanced Arsenal.
- Autoupgrade all units.
- Some time later is a settler (to build more)
LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 05:55:37 PM »

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/fryBASS/MAP000.jpg

that is a full screen of a AoK Castle Blood map.
the things on the strip of land on the back are houses to have 200 pop even if ur castles are gone.  back there are also the spawning hero units, if you can even see on the SS, there are only blue's being spawned (dont ask why, idk, i guess cuz it was just all vs comps) they look just like blobs in that pic.

anyway you go out and kill the other guys' castles. 

you also get stuff for razings. 

like 1 razing would get you a bombard cannon.
2 would get you another better one.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 06:00:03 PM by LO12DS_Fry » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »

Hmm ok

We don't need houses for pop Wink I can do that in the script.

What is spawned? I thought there was no spawning?
LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 04:23:51 PM »

in the back, some "hero" units (which were like special scen units, like they were like Paladins, but they were called Richard the Lionhearted and they had more HP and ATK, stuff like that, each civ would get a different one.)  you'd get like 15 or so of them.  something like that.  but those were the only units that spawned.  the ones from the castles you made yourself.

i dont believe the original versions had the heros tho.
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 04:34:46 PM »

Alright I'll just go for the original first. Smiley See what potential this really has before I go all out with spawning and all that hehe Tongue
spector17

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 05:07:14 PM »

I was thinking what if each civ had different spawnig units (the 2 only)
Ottos - spahis
Pots - Mamalukes
etc.

Or what they upgrade for the amount of kills you get, like u start with 2 Uhlans, then 2 Collasks, then 2 Hussars, all they way up to spahis, and mamalukes.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:04:25 PM by spector17 » Logged
spector17

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 06:25:27 PM »

I just found my old aok cd, and played one of the castle bloods (I have like 20 versions).

anyway I found that you start with a transport ship (a boat with no attack but can carry lots of units (you entire army of 200 units)), so I don't know if you want to include this.

• now the path going from the main island to your island was shallows (units and boat can both go acroos it, just so that the transpot can move).
  • Also there were 2 reveler flags by your path to the main island, so you could see what was coming down the isthmus.
  • the map was also huge! By huge I mean it was a little bigger then the large maps. It took my CALVERY about 2 min to do from one side of the island to other.
  • At 500 kills you advance to inperial, where you could research the elite tech for your unit. So i was thinking what if we start in colonial and as you age up you can upgrade your units at your fort: veteran to guard/royal guard, the to imperial. I relize that some units won't be available in colonial (oprichnich, halberder, Cuirassiers) which I think might be good.
  • But then the oprichniks with be severely OP, to easy to take down a fort with them, so I was thinking of a build limit perhaps. I don't know.
  • Everything was also 1 pop, should we make like that in castle blood, or will it be to laggy
  • Every 100 kills or so you would get a "hero" or a super strong units which would heal (kinda like the explorer but it would heal on the move and while attacking)

also there was a "castle blood mini," which was with 2 castles, and just 70 pop worth of houses. Mabe you can make that later  Wink

Edit: I just read the origional post again and you said that i said that each civs build there unique units. But now I relized that won't work.

Taken from the AOE3 Reference Guide
Portuguese------Cassador, Organ Gun
Spanish-----------Rodelero, Lancer, War dog
French------------Coureur, Cuirassier
Ottoman----------Abus Gun, Jannissary, Spahi, Galley, Great Bombard
Russina-----------Strelet, Cossack, Oprichnik
Dutch-------------Envoy, Ruyter, Fluyt
British-------------Longbowman, Rocket
German-----------Uhlan, Settler wagon, Doppelsolder

You see certain civs will be at a disadvantage
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:40:37 PM by spector17 » Logged
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 06:49:56 PM »

Ok there are no shallows in AOE3 so that's out. Sad

I also don't think you want that huge a map - considering how laggy a regular game can get Tongue

Can you explain more the spawning units?

What do you mean the 2 only? Do they autospawn? And when you reach x kills, do they change or you get more options?
spector17

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 06:07:52 AM »

Yeah, with castle blood im not sure how this will work out. I think it will be extremally laggy (8 ppl * 200units). And with large maps it will even be worse.

About the auto 2 autospawn units i think it would be cool if they auto-upgrade to the next best unit.

0-100 kills    uhlans
100-200     Cossacks
200-300      Hussars
300-400     Lancers
400-500     spahis
600+         Mamelukes

OR could certain civs. have 2 auto span units could be infantry only

0-100 kills    Pikemen
100-200     rodeleros
200-300     Halberders
300-400     Doppelsolders
400-500     Barbery Cosairs
600+         Ronins
LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 11:57:17 AM »

[1] Ok there are no shallows in AOE3 so that's out. Sad

[2] Can you explain more the spawning units?

What do you mean the 2 only? Do they autospawn? And when you reach x kills, do they change or you get more options?

1.  what about the map bayou... thats pretty much shallows...

2.  well there were some versions where in the back where the houses are about 12 would spawn constantly, always keeping you at 12 (or whatever the number was).
other versions only gave you 2 of them right up with your castles, always keeping you at 2.  so when one dies, it makes another.   keeps on going untill your forts are dead.   actually i think some versions made you go up there and kill the heros and put a unit over the spawn point :S  but that would quite work, and it'd be really annoying (which it was)  so just when all the castles are dead make it stop.
spector17

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 06:28:34 PM »

what about the map bayou... thats pretty much shallows...

Ships can't travel in bayou (if you try to train a ship it says failed to build)

2.  well there were some versions where in the back where the houses are about 12 would spawn constantly, always keeping you at 12 (or whatever the number was).
other versions only gave you 2 of them right up with your castles, always keeping you at 2.  so when one dies, it makes another.   keeps on going untill your forts are dead.   actually i think some versions made you go up there and kill the heros and put a unit over the spawn point :S  but that would quite work, and it'd be really annoying (which it was)  so just when all the castles are dead make it stop.

I have never seen that version, can u e-mail it to me at masteredps2@hotmail.com. thx

LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 07:29:29 PM »

some of them are AoC versions, some are AoK, you got both?

and the versions i have DONT have the transport ships.  i think i only have like one where it does.  and i dont like it either.
Xamolxis

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 02:12:05 AM »

Hello everyone and hello pftq,

I shouldn't be here because im not a scripter, but Castle Blood has been a favorite map for me in ages games.
As i saw the map design is not the old way i know from AoE2. The map shape is quite important, as well the trigger settings and i think the old way the map was designed is the best shape for this kind of game.

This is a small shot from my AoE3 Castle Blood scenario.

The original from AoE2 has the same shape, but has been made for 8 players.
If you're interested to see what the triggers setting in my scenario is, this is the download link of that file.
I have also used a trigger for the population, so that no houses are needed.
All units have been modified and upgraded for a better balance.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me, or to mail me.

Regards,

Xamolxis
spector17

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 05:30:34 AM »

@LO12DS_Fry, nah, I only have aoc, aom looked stuipid at the time. Now i look look back and it seems pretty cool :/

also what versions do you have for aok. I just have like 20 versions of castle blood fair.
LO12DS_Fry

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 05:22:18 PM »

i never had AoM :|

and i'm not sure, because i lost my AoK disc, and all the AoK maps i'm pretty sure work with AoC.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Castle Blood  |  How It Will Play « previous next »
Jump to: