Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 25, 2024, 04:10:21 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  pftq I have some map scripting questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: pftq I have some map scripting questions  (Read 10084 times)
River_God

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 01:21:21 PM »

sry I was not sure about the void{} I have looked at many maps in file, that is where I got alot of my code, like the code for the map shape I got from Araucania(or one of them), I will look again.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
River_God

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 01:29:36 PM »

There I fixed that first one and found a few others (mr instead of rm). I am at the wrong house to know if it works but I will stil post it here. I was hoping you would help me with the triggers I was trying to figure out, I don't know much about triggers, I found a few I thought would be useful, but they are not complete. Wink I would just like to take this oportunity to thank you again. I will add your name next time I edit it.

* Capture_the_FlagXS.txt (5.81 KB - downloaded 61 times.)

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
River_God

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 01:41:15 PM »

I just read a bit about The Asian Dynasties expansion coming out in fall. One new option of it is Relic Victory. This can both help and destroy my map for TAD, not only can I have relics instead of Cows which will automatically allow a victory timer, which I could probably make 0. But people will already be able to do that and it will become something like green valley, just a custom map of regular game play. This sucks! I will just have to keep it on TWC  Sad and one question. Will you be coming back for TAD?

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »

No I don't think I'll be coming back.  Getting busier and busier with personal life stuff. Sad

About your map: I notice you use if functions this way:

if (rmGetPlayerTeam(playa))==1{

That should actually be:

if (rmGetPlayerTeam(playa)==1) {

You do that many times.
River_God

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 12:49:33 PM »

Thanks for that one, cannot believe I did that, but I have seen worse. (the letter o instead of the number 0) Wink but it is still not working!

There must be something I am missing...

* Capture the FlagXS.txt (5.83 KB - downloaded 58 times.)

River_God

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 04:57:07 PM »

New edits... but still not working

* Capture the FlagXS.txt (5.74 KB - downloaded 60 times.)

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 09:09:35 PM »

Open string at:

rmAddTriggerCondition(" /*when player has all cows in their plateau*/

Also do not define variables in forloops:

for (int i=1; <=cNumberNonGaiaPlayers){
River_God

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 12:08:24 PM »

posting it here for easy access on other computer...

And I only put the description like that because I was not sure how to say it so I put it in a way you would be able to understand and possibly replace with the right code.

* Capture_the_FlagXS.txt (5.74 KB - downloaded 62 times.)

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 02:32:52 PM »

No I meant the string is open - that's why the map is crashing.  You have open quotes.

Also:

for (i<=cNumberNonGaiaPlayers){

You need to define i so that it is:
for (i=1;<=cNumberNonGaiaPlayers){
River_God

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 05:18:11 PM »

Like this?

* Capture_the_FlagXS.txt (5.75 KB - downloaded 66 times.)

River_God

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 01:27:35 PM »

I was thinking about restarting the code from scratch to fix this not loading thing, should a map be able to load even if there is just terrain?

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »

Yes

What you should do is comment out sections of the script and figure out when it loads - that way you know where to correct.

However, you have a lot of syntax errors.  just found another:

for playa>=0{

This should be either:

for(playa=1;<=#) {

OR
while(playa>=0) {

I'm not sure what you're trying to do as you normally have two values for a forloop.
River_God

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 03:09:49 PM »

ok, I have been able to determine there is something wrong with my area codes. I am not sure what but I know that it is a problem.

* Capture the FlagXS.txt (5.95 KB - downloaded 60 times.)

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 04:08:51 PM »

rmBuildArea(plateauT, 0.5, 0.75);

?

I don't recall there being 3 parameters in rmBuildArea..maybe I'm forgetting things but double check.
River_God

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 10:12:08 AM »

You are right of course, the only parameter is the area name.

* Capture the FlagXS.txt (5.94 KB - downloaded 58 times.)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  pftq I have some map scripting questions « previous next »
Jump to: