Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 25, 2024, 12:58:54 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  pftq I have some map scripting questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: pftq I have some map scripting questions  (Read 10083 times)
River_God

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 10:38:36 AM »

HA! Grin I found a problem, where it said

rmSetAreaInfluenceSegment(plateauT, 0.45, 0.75, 0.55, 0.75);

it should really be

rmAddAreaInfluenceSegment(plateauT, 0.45, 0.75, 0.55, 0.75);

but I still cannot see the area when I test it  Sad

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 05:48:20 PM »

Is it still not loading? lol

What are you using to edit the code? Perhaps you might look at the scripting section of aoe3.pftq.com - have a few suggestions there for better scripting.

You still haven't corrected this line btw:

while (playa<=cNumberNonGaiaPlayers){

which should be:

while (playa=1;<=cNumberNonGaiaPlayers) {

above it: int i=1
is also missing a ;
River_God

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 08:47:58 PM »

OK, I FINALLY have a working version Grin, but it does not place the players how I want Smiley, it doesn't place the flags(cows) where I want Undecided, and there are absolutely no working triggers Sad. The triggers I need are a victory trigger that ends game when all cows are on the plateau, and chat triggers for in-game instructions. These are what I need to finish the skeleton of this map.  Wink

* Capture the FlagXS.txt (7.93 KB - downloaded 70 times.)

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2007, 01:45:38 AM »

What is happening right now? Do the areas/objects place at all?

For the triggers- you can try an attempt at it and show me how it looks first. Grin I'll try to debug from there.
River_God

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2007, 07:22:01 AM »

The areas place, the players just end up placing circular, I want them to be placed at the opposit ends, next to their plateau. what happens exactly is 4 forests are placed, 2 plateaux, and as many players as there are in the map place circular, and sometimes don't place becuase of forests.

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2007, 08:42:26 AM »

You want to use this to control how close teams are put together:

rmSetTeamSpacingModifier(0.00-1.00);
River_God

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 01:08:44 PM »

It would seem someone has already made  aCapture the Flag map, either that or someone has stolen my map already, pftq remove this topic from the forum and I will change my personal acocunt on pftq.com back to what it was in order for you to access it and we can discuss further modifications to my map in secret.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  pftq I have some map scripting questions « previous next »
Jump to: