Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 16, 2024, 02:19:27 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  pftq I have some map scripting questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: pftq I have some map scripting questions  (Read 10076 times)
River_God

« on: April 06, 2007, 10:08:50 AM »

Smiley I have recently been trying to sript my own map, I have even been using the help of Hyena studios tutorial, but I have run into one main problem the whole time, when I try to debug my map a pop-up sais "map failed to load" then where it tells me errors it sais "no breakpoint hit"  Huh Is there something I am missing , one simple mistake, I ned to know, I think the idea of my map is perfect it just needs a little expert help. :'(

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 05:18:50 PM »

Sorry for late reply - been gone.

The debugger hasn't really been of any use since AOMTT (where it supposedly "broke").  It's not technically broken but it's not really worth much and doesn't catch any real errors.

Just load the map in SP - if it works there, it's fine.
River_God

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 11:47:11 AM »

thanks, I will see what I can do.  Smiley

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
River_God

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 05:40:51 PM »

OK, I have the basics of my map, but it won't load for my skirmish and I do not know what it looks like or what exactly to change, I would like you to take a look at it because that is the only way you can really help, and I could really use some more expert help on this.  Smiley

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 12:41:22 PM »

I'll take a look and see what I can find.  Usually the map doesn't load means that you missed a ; or misspelled something.  The debugger said above finds none of that lol

I've created an account on my File Storage for ya.   Feel free to upload the map there.  I've sent a PM containing your account info.
River_God

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 03:52:24 PM »

ok, I uploaded the files, I think, not too sure wether or not they actually did upload, I sent the XML and the XS file, just in case you wanted to see both, I ended up trying to fill in some missing triggers but failed completely  Smiley

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 04:58:45 PM »

Links? Copy the links it gives you and post'em.
River_God

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 10:09:25 AM »

They were the wrong file type, I transfered them to a .txt so they are there now.

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 01:41:08 PM »

Can you post the links to the files? I gave you a private account so I cannot access them unless I destroy your user and password. :p
River_God

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »

here I'll attach them to this... XML here

* Capture the flagXML.txt (0.46 KB - downloaded 75 times.)

River_God

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 03:33:06 PM »

And here, the XS...

* Capture the FlagXS.txt (5.88 KB - downloaded 78 times.)

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 10:08:42 PM »

Okay first major prob I see is that the cases are wrong.  IIRC the script is case-sensitive so check the capitalization of the commands etc.
River_God

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 06:46:54 PM »

really, did not know it was case sensitive. I will fix that.

Does the same go for the XML?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 07:03:32 PM by River_God » Logged

River_God

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 07:24:18 PM »

Huh ok, I have fixed what I could find and it still is not working... maybe I have a capital when I don't need it not sure, if you oculd take another look? Grin   I did not modify the XML at all, hoping it works

* Capture the FlagXS.txt (5.91 KB - downloaded 78 times.)

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 02:45:55 PM »

lol I barely opened it and found this:

rmsetstatustext

It has wrong capitalization.

Also why so many void {}s?  There should only be one that encompassses the entire script.  Take a look at some existing maps (go to your program files >... RM to see ES's scripts)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  pftq I have some map scripting questions « previous next »
Jump to: