Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 26, 2024, 01:07:18 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Gameshow Maker - Discussion, Help, and Feedback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Gameshow Maker - Discussion, Help, and Feedback  (Read 116395 times)
Bruce

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2010, 06:03:24 AM »

Thank for the quick reply!  Grin  You have made a fabulous program and I'm sure many would gladly pay for something of this high quality. It's reassuring to know there are people like you out there that are creating games like these and are quick to respond to questions from users! Thanks again!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »

You are always welcome. Grin
Bruce

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »

Since you said don't hesitate - here I am again just to clarify. You said before to add a second game (for round 2 with a final answer), you suggested having 2 copies of Gameshow Maker which I get.

Here's the question: can I just copy the app to a new folder or do I have to re-download it and rename it? (I know I'll need a new ini with new paths to questions, etc - that's kinda easy at this point.)

One more while I'm at it. I am assuming that using the setup ini is going to give me a LOT more flexibility than the preset Jeopardy. Would you suggest deleting the Jeopardy preset and just running the new ini for each game?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »

Copying the app to a new folder should be fine (as long as they're in different folders).

The setup ini definitely has a lot more flexibility, but you can copy settings between the two inis as well if you want.  You can put settings you are looking for from the setup file into the Jeopardy preset so you don't have to start from scratch.
Bruce

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2010, 06:55:16 PM »

Copying the app to a new folder worked just fine! 2 new questions:

1. Is there a way to disable the flying text for the "bonus" when it appears? ex. I have 'Daily Double!' appearing with the clanging sound as is heard on the show, but don't want the flying text for that
2. The 'spacebar' for wrong answer and 'click' for right answer are not working in my Mac app (I'm running 10.6.4)

Thanks again
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »

Sorry for the delayed response.

For #1, look for:
bonusflare=2.0 // Approx. amount of flying text for bonuses

As for #2, the app seems to work fine for me in .exe and in .swf.  I am not sure how it works that your spacebar and click isn't working properly because Flash should be independent of the operating system (Flash handles the translating).  Are you remembering to hold control before pressing space?
Bruce

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2010, 06:45:17 AM »

Disabled the flying text - thx! Is there a way to delay the final question sound until a click is made or putting in a time delay feature before the final sound starts?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2010, 06:53:50 AM »

Not sure I understand your question.  As far as I'm aware, there is no sound
until you do click (the first event just fades into a text "Final Question" but
doesn't do anything).
Bruce

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2010, 09:50:29 AM »

I'm referring to the sound file that get's played while the final question is displayed. It starts as soon as the final question shows. Is there a way to delay it until after the moderator reads the question (like with a click) so the timed music would start at that point vs. when the question first appears. Does that make sense?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2010, 10:16:55 AM »

Oh I see - I misread your question there.

At the moment, no -it starts as soon as the question is displayed.  A trick you can try is to edit the sound file to include a few seconds silence in the beginning or play the sound on an external source.  Otherwise it's not changeable in the current version.

How important is the feature? I might be able to include it in the next update if you want.
Bruce

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2010, 12:40:38 PM »

I think that feature could greatly enhance the game, but that's just my opinion  Grin
Colonelbob

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »

First let me say THANK YOU!!!
I am an elementary teacher and I just found Gameshow Maker today.  I am so excited to use it with my class.

I am on a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.6.4 and all the latest updates etc.

I have set up a full Jeopardy game but unfortunately when I click "CTRL SPACE" for the wrong answer the whole flash program crashes.

Any suggestions or help you can provide would be very much appreciated, and other than this minor issue I think the product is fantastic.

I have attached the crashlog in a PDF format if that would be helpful.

Many thanks.

* crashlog.pdf (35.83 KB - downloaded 41 times.)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »

That is strange because this would be a problem with Adobe Flash, rather than Gameshow Maker.  What you can try is downloading the SWF version and putting the SWF file in the same folder to run that in Adobe Flash instead (it'll run just like the app file).

I'll test your problem with a Mac computer later this week when I get a chance, but thanks for letting me know.
Colonelbob

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2010, 03:25:27 PM »

Well your genius knows no bounds.  With the .SWF version it works perfectly.

Many thanks!
Colonelbob

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »

I have solved the IMAGE centering problem for those that are having that issue.

Here's what I did . . .

I created a file in photoshop with a transparent background (attached for you to use) that was as wide as the screen image.

All you need to do is paste your image in the middle and then save your file as a .PNG

The images are then centered in the middle of your screen during the game.

Cheers!!!

* centered_image.png (7.31 KB, 1121x205 - viewed 119 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Gameshow Maker - Discussion, Help, and Feedback « previous next »
Jump to: