Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 29, 2024, 04:20:12 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Capture the Flag 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Capture the Flag  (Read 38350 times)
River_God

« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2007, 06:42:09 PM »

Well, how can I talk to him, I saw on ESO he hasn't been on since november.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2007, 08:20:56 AM »

You can contact him at luciano at elpea.net

He hasn't been active for a long time though, so I'm not sure if he still has the code or whether he's still interested.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 08:22:56 AM by pftq » Logged
River_God

« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2007, 04:39:14 PM »

Thanks, he didn't have one but he is willing to make one. Grin Although I did have to send him the techtree file.

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
River_God

« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2008, 12:20:24 PM »

OK, how exactly would I be able to see what age the game starts in, like how you made Fort wars in Nomad have some random bonus?

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2008, 12:46:11 PM »

https://www.pftq.com/pq/creations/aoe3/index.php?x=guides&guida=misc

It's one of those tiny findings I made while making FW.  Otherwise it was pretty impossible to do.

You could theoretically check what Tech is active, but then you have to check a ton of politicians - also deal with the fact that your game is not "constant" (affected by age changes).

Hence why I kept FW to age1 and nomad - didn't want to deal with age upgrades.
River_God

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »

ok, but how did you check to see it didn't start in age 2? because it isn't really aging up I am worried about. except for the Asians aging up but that is a whole different story, if you thought there were a ton of politicians, Asians have wonders.... whole different story...

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2008, 09:00:08 PM »

Ah short memory sorry.  There was a way.  In fact you can check every age using the following kb query:

kbGetAgeForPlayer(#)

However, it starts counting at 0 if I recall correctly so add 1.  I won't go too much indepth into kb/tr commands though (it's pretty much the other "half" of RMS).  Just that you'd use it the same way as the tr ones (trQuestVarGet)

Example in Chat Send:

"You are in \"+kbGetAgeForPlayer(#)+\" Age!"

Basically when it is read in game, the escape \ are removed and you end out leaving the string and inserting actual code to replace it.

The concept behind actual code injection (which is used extensively in Fort Wars and Castle Blood, originated with TwentyOneScore's map for AOM) is that you leave the string broken long enough to pretty much code large sections of the map before closing.
River_God

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2008, 12:44:43 PM »

ok, but if I coded it like

if (kbGetAgeForPlayer(1)==0){
something when in nomad }

would that work?

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2008, 07:18:14 PM »

No - that is trigger code, not RMS.  You cannot mix them.

You would start with:

rmAddTriggerEffect("Send Chat");
rmSetTriggerEffectParam("Message", "\"); }} /*", false);

Enter the code after by:

rmSetTriggerEffectParam("Message", "*/"+code+"/*", false);

and close the "hack" by using:

rmSetTriggerEffectParam("Message", "*/ rule _globals_end_"+UNIQUE+" minInterval 4 inactive { if (1==0) { trChatSend(0, \"", false);

where UNIQUE has to be the unique number for this session.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Capture the Flag « previous next »
Jump to: