Welcome! Please Login or Register!
April 26, 2024, 12:55:57 PM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Gameshow Maker - Discussion, Help, and Feedback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Gameshow Maker - Discussion, Help, and Feedback  (Read 116400 times)
shamrock2360

« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2014, 11:29:14 PM »

Here are my questions, now how do I put them in the game? This is exactly how I've formatted them.
Toy Histories, 100, This board game's name comes from an economic term for when there is only one supplier for a particular good.
Toy Histories, 200, These building blocks, first produced in 1949, are a popular toy among aspiring architects.
Toy Histories, 300, This is the top selling game console of all time.
Toy Histories, 400, These are the two cofounders of the company that makes Xbox.
Toy Histories, 500, This was the first movie based on a board game.

Help?
Fantastic program btw
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2014, 01:13:38 AM »

The points are in the setup.ini

Make sure you unzip the download
shannon

« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2014, 07:02:51 PM »

Hi, first of all thank you so much for this program!  It has been really helpful for my class.
I'm having the same problem as another user did a long time ago.  Here is what they said:

I'm having a weird problem with Gameshow Maker. The prefix I'm using (a simple dollar sign) works fine, but for some reason there's a strange suffix attached to the very first row. There's a space followed by a 'y' with two dots over it, and after that is what looks like a lowercase 'b' - lowercase 'p' hybrid thing. I've checked both the setup.ini, and the preset jeopardy.ini, and both say the suffix is blank. And it's not on any other row, all the other rows are fine. I'm totally clueless at this point.

I'm not using a prefix or a suffix, and I have that weird yb thing as a suffix in the first row only.  I've only edited it in the .ini file using Notepad, so as far as I know it is all in plain text.  Any ideas on how to get rid of it?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2014, 07:04:49 PM »

Can you attach your setup and question files? Thanks
Moom

« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2014, 12:12:16 PM »

I have also been having the same problem with the board putting in the Yb with two dots on top of the Y - after most of the values (6 out of 8 in only the first line).  I have tried everything to get rid of it - different fonts, no fonts, different values, nothing works!  I'm only using Notepad and I'm not sure how to check out the "Plain Text" issue.  I agree this is a great program but I don't want to go much further unless I can clean up these phantom foreign letters.

Hi, first of all thank you so much for this program!  It has been really helpful for my class.
I'm having the same problem as another user did a long time ago.  Here is what they said:

I'm having a weird problem with Gameshow Maker. The prefix I'm using (a simple dollar sign) works fine, but for some reason there's a strange suffix attached to the very first row. There's a space followed by a 'y' with two dots over it, and after that is what looks like a lowercase 'b' - lowercase 'p' hybrid thing. I've checked both the setup.ini, and the preset jeopardy.ini, and both say the suffix is blank. And it's not on any other row, all the other rows are fine. I'm totally clueless at this point.

I'm not using a prefix or a suffix, and I have that weird yb thing as a suffix in the first row only.  I've only edited it in the .ini file using Notepad, so as far as I know it is all in plain text.  Any ideas on how to get rid of it?
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2014, 12:41:03 PM »

Same thing. If you can attach your setup and question files in a zip
folder, I can take a look. Thanks
shannon

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2014, 09:16:13 PM »

Can you attach your setup and question files? Thanks

Here are my setup and question files

* shannon.zip (10.62 KB - downloaded 373 times.)
Moom

« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2014, 06:00:56 AM »

I found a way to eliminate the “Yb” phantom letters.  Go into the questions folder and open each of the column categories.txt files (column 1-categories.txt; column2-categories.txt; etc.) and enter two blank spaces (spacebar twice) and save the files.  This fixed the problem for me.

Another question – is there any way to override the need to click on Fullscreen (versus Windowed) when the program opens?  I never use the windowed option.

Mark
shannon

« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2014, 06:53:52 PM »

I found a way to eliminate the “Yb” phantom letters.  Go into the questions folder and open each of the column categories.txt files (column 1-categories.txt; column2-categories.txt; etc.) and enter two blank spaces (spacebar twice) and save the files.  This fixed the problem for me.

Worked for me too, thanks!
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2014, 07:12:21 PM »

Good find.  I'm glad you guys figured it out.  I will add that to the FAQ.  Thanks all. Smiley

No there isn't a way to bypass the first screen sorry.
PantryBoy

« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2014, 07:43:03 PM »

The spacebar is not working for an incorrect anwser.  Could you help?  This is a great program, thank you for developing it!!

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2014, 07:53:19 PM »

Make sure to hold Ctrl
KevinF

« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2014, 08:25:05 AM »

I start using the program recently for a school project.  So far it works pretty good.

Two questions...
I want to have 5 questions per category instead of 6.  I tried removing the extra question/answer/category from each set, but it still shows the 6th row.  Is there a way to get it to stop doing this?

Did the source code ever get released to source forge?

thanks,
Kevin
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »

Make sure you don't have any blank lines in any text files.

There wasn't much interest on sourceforge so I took it off. I might upload
it to Github later.
KevinF

« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2014, 01:47:31 PM »

Okay, I'll try that.

I have things mostly working locally, but I'm trying to host it on a website.
When I visit my HTML web page from the browser, it shows the generic GameShowMaker UI without the jeopardy presets/questions/etc.

I copied the entire tree from locally to the web server.  The .SWF file is in the same folder as setup.ini and the presets folder is the folder that is a child of the folder with the .swf file.

Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Software and Scripts  |  Jeopardy / Gameshow Maker  |  Gameshow Maker - Discussion, Help, and Feedback « previous next »
Jump to: