Welcome! Please Login or Register!
March 28, 2024, 09:46:10 AM
Home Login Register
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Capture the Flag 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Latest News!Lunar Trigger(Aug 27, 2023)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Capture the Flag  (Read 38347 times)
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 10:42:22 PM »

" rmCreatObjectDef("Top Flag");"

You misspelled create.
River_God

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 11:03:30 AM »

Thanks, but I don't think that that was in the code, I have checked:

int FlagT=CreateObjectDef("Flag Top");
   rmAddObjectDefItem(FlagT, "Cow", 1,0);
   rmPlaceObjectDefAtAreaLoc(FlagT, 0, rmAreaID(plateauT), 1);

int FlagB=CreateObjectDef("Flag Bottom");
   rmAddObjectDefItem(FlagB, "Cow", 1,0);
   rmPlaceObjectDefAtAreaLoc(FlagB, 0, rmAreaID(plateauB), 1);

This I took out of the code in the file storage, I will not be at the right computer to do any of this for the rest of the month. But I can look at the code I have and ask a few questions.

Question: If I use the code to p[lace object per player, but want to place it is a certain area, what do I put for "player" in the rmPlaceObjectDefAtAreaLoc? right now I have it empty but will that work? ( Huh in its spot)

//int FsightT = rmCreateObjectDef("Revealer");
   //rmAddObjectDefItem(FsightT, "CinematicRevealer", 1, 0);
   //rmPlaceObjectPerPlayer(FsightT, true, 1);
   //rmPlaceObjectDefAtAreaLoc(FsightT, Huh , plateauT, 1);

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 12:11:25 PM »

For objects per player, I'd stick to using the PlaceObject...AreaLoc functions but have the coordinates be the Player Locations +/- certain values.
River_God

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 09:58:17 AM »

Except I want it in a certain area and the Player areas are not in the same place every time, plaus I want it for evey player so are you saying I will have to make a loop for it?

"I am not sure why people are so afraid of new ideas, I am afraid of the old ones"   :p
pftq
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 09:09:15 AM »

Yes basically - a loop that goes through every player.
River_God

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 05:09:24 PM »

for some reason my loops seem to always fail, if you don't mind could you describe all the parameters for a few basic loops. I have tried if () {  } loops but they never seem to work and the for( ; ) {   } loops have never worked.  Sad    Thanks in advance Wink

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 08:00:37 PM »

It'd be easier if you posted the loop you are attempting to do and I correct that. Smiley

But a basic if:

if(something==1) {
etc
}

for(var=1;<=50) {
blah
}
River_God

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 09:43:35 AM »

so to put the symbols into words it would be:

if (prerequisite) { then
Blah
}that's it

for (variable from this ; to this) { then
Blah
}that's it

is that all right, and do you suggest the use of else or else if, becuas eI have heard about them but fear to use them.

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 11:10:39 AM »

I use if and else if (really it's just else{if() {) all the time.  The syntax is similar to Java and PHP conditionals if you're wondering.
River_God

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 02:28:07 PM »

ok, I have placed a different map I have rummaged together last night after hearing about The Dakotas contest on AoE3 Community. I would like to enter it into the contest once it is done, but I would love your help to debug it, so far it doesn't load. I have made it nice and clear what each and every line of code is for so it should be easy to follow. It's nto done I still have to do the hardest part (I find): the player placement. I have looked thorugh it many times and have not found the reason why it won't load I amd hoping another set of eyes will help. Undecided

my account https://www.pftq.com/pq/creations/scripts/upload/?user=rivergod just a quick link.

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 08:13:35 AM »

Line 121:

rmSetAreaSize(River, 0.03, 0.03);*/
River_God

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 07:46:43 PM »

not sure where that line came from but thanks  Wink

I have added a bunch of code, it should work, not sure wether or not it loads, but if you could take a look I would be very grateful.  Grin

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 10:05:46 PM »

int PPlacer=rmCreateArea("Player Placer"+p);
   rmSetAreaSize(PPlacer, 0.1, 0.1);
   rmSetAreaLocation(PPlacer, rmGetPlayerLocXFraction(p)+0.001, rmGetPlayerLocZFraction(p)-0.001);
   rmSetAreaCoherence(PPlacer, 1);
   rmSetAreaHeightBlend(PPlacer, 1);

Should you not want that area built?
River_God

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 10:07:04 AM »

OK I got the map to load, excpet it is not loading properly. It loads, then it starts off with a black screen and a white mini map with corners sticking out, and I am not sure why it is doing that!?!

pftq
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 11:12:55 PM »

Size is too small.  Check that the mapsize is not something like 2x2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
pftq Forums  |  Game Design  |  Age of Empires III  |  Capture the Flag « previous next »
Jump to: