- 3D Projection Mapping for Virtual Reality. Why wear AR/VR headsets when you can do this in real life: Lux del Greco, Real-Time Face Tracking, Box & Dolly's Box. See my post: Virtual Reality via 3D Projection Mapping
- FinTech/Cryptocurrencies coming to fruition this year, including those listed in 2014. Esp. Ethereum on Microsoft's Azure and Ripple going production with 7+ banks.
- Augmented/Virtual Reality coming to fruition this year, including those listed in 2014, mainly Magic Leap. Microsoft's Hololens (Minecraft Demo, Project X-Ray)) looks cool but in person is still just another screen with only the middle of your vision having holograms. Leap Motion might be a value play as they have the best hand tracking technology but suffers the "Microsoft syndrome" of not marketing themselves.
- Artificial Intelligence to get spotlight soon, including those listed in 2014. Esp. DeepMind with AlphaGo. Longer term, look forward to my own entry Conatus
- Artificial Life listed in 2014, esp. Craig Venter creating first manmade organism and now creating minimal genome for life. Long term goal of immortality.
- Stem Cell research, esp. for brain damage.
- Randell Mills' Brilliant Light Power, essentially cold fusion if the demos with Hydrinos are real. Good summary of his story here. The guy predicted the universe is accelerating expansion, not slowing down, and his entire approach is using classical physics instead of quantum (so no chance/probability math).
- Energy technologies harvesting solar winds, which would be able to power the entire Earth for free. See my post: Unlimited Clean Energy From Solar Winds
- EM Drive, which breaks the laws of physics by not having fuel propellent but is now shown to work by NASA.
- FinTech/Cryptocurrencies to get the spotlight this year, including those listed in 2014
- Augmented/Virtual Reality to get the spotlight this year, including those listed in 2014
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum
- Augmented/Virtual Reality and Wearables: Leap Motion (hand tracking), Magic Leap (AR), Mycestro (3D mouse), Sixense (full body VR), Microsoft Hololens
- Artificial Intelligence: Numenta/Grok, Artherian, DeepLearning4J, DeepMind, Sentient Technologies
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, SolarCity, Hyperloop
- Nanotechnology: P2i Water Repellent
- Nexia's Spidergoats/Biosteel
- Pocket Drones, Nixie (Wearable Wriststrap Drone), BionicOpter (Robot Dragonfly)
- Uber, AirBnB
- Quantum Computers
- Craig Venter - Artificial life, bioengineering, and immortality
|« Skills Resume||-More Random Stuff-||Poker Guide »|
|« Place in the World||-Back to Blabberbox-||Traversing Lifetimes »|